Ancient Dragon Greatshield is a Shield in Dark Souls 3.
A wooden shield bearing the image of an ancient dragon. Very slowly regenerates HP.
The painting is the result of an exquisite but painstaking technique. Lingering, undying traces of the ancient dragons can still be seen in their descendants, the man-serpents, though they have fallen far from grace.
Notes and Tips:
- Can NOT be Infused.
- Can be Buffed.
- Reinforced with Twinkling Titanite.
- Provides an average block of 51.2%.
- The lightest greatshield in the game, and the one with the lowest STR requirement, but at the cost of having the lowest overall defense and imperfect physical defense.
- This shield applies the same buff as the Sun Princess Ring, which regenerates 2 HP/s. The effects of each stack with each other.
- Heals 2 HP/s. Does not increase with reinforcement.
- Likely a reference to the Adjudicator's Sheild, from Demon's Souls, which bore the same shape, heath regen effect, and also had a painting on the front (albiet depicting the judgement of the dead, rather than a great dragon)
Location/Where to Find
- Dropped by ??
- Looted from a corpse in Archdragon peak, on the arch just after the first bonfire and before the boss fight.
Youtube Moveset and Location Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Ancient Dragon Greatshield Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)