Archdeacon's Great Staff is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
Large staff bestowed upon Archdeacons of the Cathedral of the Deep.
The Archdeacon McDonnell's trespass, the sin of channeling faith for sorcery, transformed what was once merely a symbol of ecclesiastic authority into a catalyst of sorceries.
Skill: Steady Chant
Boost the strength of sorceries for a very short period. Works while equipped in either hand.
Notes and Tips:
- Can NOT be Infused or Buffed.
- Reinforced using Twinkling Titanite.
- Causes sorceries cast to scale entirely with Faith, allowing miracle focused builds to use normal sorceries effectively.
- You will still need to meet the Intelligence requirement of any sorceries in order to cast them.
- Dark sorceries do not gain dual Intelligence and Faith scaling when cast with this catalyst.
- Wielded by Archdeacon Royce.
- Despite having slightly higher spell buff than the Court Sorcerer's Staff at an equal amount of Faith vs Intelligence, this staff actually does about 5% less damage than it with all spells.
Location/Where to Find
- Rank 2 reward from Aldrich Faithful Covenant. (You MUST offer 30 Human Dregs to reach rank 2)
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Archdeacon's Great Staff Upgrade Table
Requires ?? souls and ?? ore to + ?? (upgrade information here)
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)