This is a player-created Build for Dark souls 3.
- Build Name: Ashen Knight
- Build Level: 120
- Build Focus: PvE
- Build Main Stat: Strength + Dexterity
- Link to Dark Souls 3 Calculator:
- Right Hand: Broadsword +9/10 (Early Primary), Sunlight Straight Sword +5 (Main Primary) + Black Bow of Pharis +9/10 (Secondary)
- Left Hand: Shield of Want, Any
- Head: Knight Helm, Lothric Knight Helm, Any
- Chest: Knight Armor, Lothric Knight Armor, Any
- Hands: Knight Gauntlets, Lothric Knight Gauntlets, Any
- Legs: Knight Gauntlets, Lothric Knight Gauntlets, Any
- Rings: Havel's Ring (Main 1), Cloranthy Ring (Main 2), Covetous Silver Serpent Ring (Not needed), Covetous Gold Serpent Ring (Not needed)
- Items: Any
How to play the Ashen Knight is actually very simple; your starting gear is already excellent. Save up 20k Souls in the beginning in order to buy the Tower Key from the Shrine Handmaiden, allowing you to get the Estus Ring, the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring, amongst other useful items. This will also open up trading with the Crows, netting you some upgrade materials early, along with others to pick up. The Straight Swords all have the same moveset, so why focus on the Broadsword and then the Sunlight Straight Sword? Very simple! The Broadsword has the second highest scaling, and Sunlight Straightsword has the highest scaling and damage flatout. The major difference being their Weapon Arts.
Broadsword has Stance, and Sunlight Straight Sword has Oath of Sunlight. The Oath of Sunlight is a buff that affects you and your allies, raising the damage you deal, and reducing the damage taken. Black Bow of Pharis was chosen because it has the longest range, and a fair amount of damage dealt regardless of arrow type used due to the stat development.
The game was completed at Soul Level 120 (rest of my points were put into Vitality for Equip Load), minor difficulty can be faced in it's low health and stamina, but learning boss patterns and rolling through attacks is extremely effective, and the fast moveset allows you to get one to two hits in at most openings.
I didn't make use of infusions for the Broadsword, as leaving it as it was resulted in higher damage with the stat spread. This does allow you to buff the sword as you please, however. Although your damage is definitely high enough without doing so. Happy Lord Slaying! With this character, I was able to beat every boss and significant encounter within the game on Patch 1.03.1