Basilisk is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3.
- These bug-eyed monstrosities spew a green smoke cloud that causes Curse buildup.
- When the Curse meter is full you will die instantly.
- They appear in Farron Keep, Irithyll Dungeon and Smouldering Lake
- Basilisks clearly signal their attacks and their smoke often needs a second to take effect.
- Moving behind the Basilisk is usually enough to evade the deadly smoke.
- While they are easy to kill, Basilisks can spot you from a good distance away and run at you very quickly.
- Expelled gas will curse you, which is an instant kill.
- Tend to fight in groups, it is best to try and seperate one by one if possible.
- Can be lured?
- Can be Rapported?
- Stacking many curse-resistance items, armors, and spells (Curse Ward Greatshield, Cursebite Ring, Fleshbite Ring, Prayer Set, Antiquated set, Mossfruit, Profuse Sweat) will allow you to effectively facetank any curse buildup and quite safely clear out groups of basilisks.
Notes & Trivia
- Identical to the enemy of the same name from the first Dark Souls