The Black Knights are powerful enemies which are remnants from the First Age of Fire.
|Resistances||All physical attacks & Fire (minor resistance to Lightning)|
|Health||672 at Road of Sacrifices (1200 at Untended Graves)|
|Souls||900 (Road of Sacrifices), 1600(NG), 2000(NG)(Untended Graves)|
Smouldering Lake. Road of Sacrifice. Untended Graves. Farron Keep Perimeter
They were the elite knights of Gwyn, the first Lord of Cinder. They were burnt to ashes, but their ghosts are still wandering the land.
The first Black Knight encounter will be in the Road of Sacrifices, near the shortcut from Farron Keep Perimeter. They attack anything in the world, including invading phantoms.
Demon Ruins - Smouldering Lake, wielding Ul. Greatsword
Road of Sacrifices - 1 wielding Ul. Greatsword
Untended Graves - 2 wielding Ul. Greatsword, 2 wielding Greataxe
Farron Keep Perimeter - 1 Wielding Ul. Greatsword
There are two variations of the Dark Knights, each one carries different weapons: Greataxe and Ultra Greatsword. Unlike in Dark Souls, there is no Glaive and Greatsword variation, but in fixed locations these weapons can be found.
- Black Knight Set
- Black Knight Shield
- Depending on the variation :
Notes and Tips:
- In differ to Dark Souls I, all Black Knights respawn.
- Comparing to any other regular creature, staggering Black Knight is very difficult, but possible.
- Untended Graves is an excellent farming location, provided you can defeat the Champion Gundyr, as 4 consecutive Black Knights can be defeated one by one with very little walking distance.
- Black Knight at the Farron Keep Perimeter will chase player till boss fight arena, so he can "lured" to fight other enemies.