The Black Knights are powerful enemies in Dark Souls III. Already appeared in Dark Souls I.
|Weakness||Dark, Frost, Poison/Toxic|
|Resistances||All physical attacks & Fire (minor resistance to Lightning)|
|Health||672 at Road of Sacrifices (1200 at Untended Graves)|
|Souls||900 (Road of Sacrifices), 1600(NG), 2000(NG)(Untended Graves)|
They were the elite knights of Gwyn, the first Lord of Cinder. They were burnt to ashes, but their ghosts are still wandering the land.
Demon Ruins (Smouldering Lake) - 1 wielding Ul. Greatsword, 1 wielding Greataxe
Untended Graves - 2 wielding Ul. Greatsword, 2 wielding Greataxe
Farron Keep Perimeter - 1 Wielding Ul. Greatsword
- Very powerful knights, which are remnants from the First Age of Fire.
- There are two variations of the Dark Knights, each one carries either Greataxe or Ultra Greatsword. Unlike in Dark Souls, there is no Glaive and Greatsword variation, but in fixed locations these weapons can be found.
- One-handed attacks can be parried, two-handed can't.
- They attack every enemy on the map and Dark Spirits.
- Are able to launch player into player or flatter him.
- In differ to most regular creatures, staggering Black Knight can be a very difficult task.
- Extremely weak to Dark and Frost.
- Vulnerable to Poison/Toxic, however application is very difficult.
- Minor resistance to Lightning
- Medium resistance to Physical and Fire.
- Immune to (Bleed?).
- Ember (rare)
- Black Knight Set (very rare)
- Black Knight Shield (very rare)
- Depending on the variation :
Notes and Tips:
- In differ to Dark Souls I, all Black Knights respawn.
- Untended Graves is an excellent farming location, provided you can defeat the Champion Gundyr, as 4 consecutive Black Knights can be defeated one by one with very little walking distance.
- Black Knight at the Farron Keep Perimeter will chase player till boss fight arena, so he can "lured" to fight other enemies.