The Black Knights are powerful enemies in Dark Souls III. Already appeared in Dark Souls I.
|Weakness||Dark, Frost, Poison/Toxic|
|Resistance||Standard, Slash, Thrust, Bleed, Lightning|
They were the elite knights of Gwyn, the first Lord of Cinder. They were burnt to ashes, but their ghosts are still wandering the land.
Demon Ruins (Smouldering Lake) - 1 wielding Ul. Greatsword, 1 wielding Greataxe
Untended Graves - 2 wielding Ul. Greatsword, 2 wielding Greataxe
Farron Keep Perimeter - 1 Wielding Ul. Greatsword
- Health: 672 at Road of Sacrifices, 1200 at Untended Graves.
- There are two variations of the Dark Knights, each one carries either Greataxe or Ultra Greatsword. Unlike in Dark Souls, there is no Glaive/Greatsword variation, but in fixed locations these weapons can be found.
- One-handed attacks can be parried, two-handed can't.
- They attack every enemy on the map and Dark Spirits.
- Are able to launch player into air or flatter him.
- Black knights have very high poise.
- Attacks deals Standard Damage or Strike Damage.
- Weak to Dark Damage, Poison/Toxic and Frostbite.
- Resistant to Lightning Damage, Standard Damage, Slash Damage, Thrust Damage and Bleed.
- Can't be lured.
- Can't be rapported.
- Souls: 900 (Road of Sacrifices), 1600 (Smouldering Lake), 2000 (Untended Graves)
- Ember (rare)
- Black Knight Set (very rare)
- Black Knight Shield (very rare)
- Depending on the variation :
Notes and Tips:
- In differ to Dark Souls I, all Black Knights respawn.
- Untended Graves is an excellent farming location, provided you can defeat the Champion Gundyr, as 4 consecutive Black Knights can be defeated one by one with very little walking distance.
- Black Knight at the Farron Keep Perimeter will chase player till boss fight arena, so he can "lured" to fight other enemies.