The Black Knights are powerful enemies in Dark Souls III. Already appeared in Dark Souls I.
|Weakness||Dark, Frost, Poison/Toxic|
|Resistance||Standard, Slash, Thrust, Bleed, Lightning|
They were the elite knights of Gwyn, the first Lord of Cinder. They were burnt to ashes, but their ghosts are still wandering the land.
Demon Ruins (Smouldering Lake) - 1 wielding Ul. Greatsword, 1 wielding Greataxe
Untended Graves - 2 wielding Ul. Greatsword, 2 wielding Greataxe
Farron Keep Perimeter - 1 Wielding Ul. Greatsword
- Health: 672 at Road of Sacrifices, 1200 at Untended Graves.
- There are two variations of the Dark Knights, each one carries either Greataxe or Ultra Greatsword. Unlike in Dark Souls, there is no Glaive/Greatsword variation, but in fixed locations these weapons can be found.
- One-handed attacks can be parried, two-handed can't.
- They attack every enemy on the map and Dark Spirits.
- Are able to launch player into air or flatter him.
- Black knights have very high poise.
- Attacks deals Standard Damage or Strike Damage.
- Weak to Dark Damage, Poison/Toxic and Frostbite.
- Resistant to Lightning Damage, Standard Damage, Slash Damage, Thrust Damage and Bleed.
- Can't be lured.
- Can't be rapported.
- Souls: 900 (Road of Sacrifices), 1600 (Smouldering Lake), 2000 (Untended Graves)
- Ember (rare)
- Black Knight Set (very rare)
- Black Knight Shield (very rare)
- Depending on the variation :
Notes and Tips:
- In differ to Dark Souls I, all Black Knights respawn.
- Untended Graves is an excellent farming location, provided you can defeat the Champion Gundyr, as 4 consecutive Black Knights can be defeated one by one with very little walking distance.
- Black Knight at the Farron Keep Perimeter will chase player till boss fight arena, so he can "lured" to fight other enemies.
- Outside of Champion Gundyr, the first 2 knights can be killed from the safety of the arena you killed Gundyr. Just tag the first knight, just up the right path, with a bow, and attack him while he is stuck in the door. Run up just past where he was to trigger the second knight’s patrol, run back to the arena entrance, then use a bow to aggro the knight as he walks down the left path.