Black Knight Greatsword is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
Ultra greatsword wielded by the Black Knights who wander the lands. Designed to face chaos demons.
The Black Knights constantly faced foes larger than themselves, and this sword's unique attack greatly reduces enemy poise.
Use one's weight to lunge forward with a low stance and increased poise, and follow with a strong attack for a spinning slash.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Buffed or Infused.
- Reinforced with Twinkling Titanite.
- Deals 20% bonus damage vs. Demons.
- At 40/40 Str/Dex this weapon has 612 AR and becomes stronger than the Greatsword by 11 points on top of being lighter and having an arguably better moveset.
Location/Where to Find
- Dropped by Black Knights wielding this weapon. One of the first Black Knights is near the Farron Keep Perimeter bonfire. He can drop the entire Black Knight Set, in addition to the Black Knight Shield.
- Can be farmed in the area after Champion Gundyr in the Untended Graves as it contains 4 Black Knights and is directly adjacent to the bonfire.
- Another Black Knight is located in the Smouldering Lake near the bonfire Demon Ruins.
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Black Knight Greatsword Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)