A cross spear hung with a malformed corpse.
Once, a mad king was born to the pygmy royalty and Shira, knight of Filianore, put him to rest. But Shira's cross spear, unable to kill the undying king, only pinned itself to him. Shira delivered them together to the darkroom, where she stayed and held them close.
Skill: Mad King's Folly
Slam malformed corpse into the ground to briefly awaken it, then fillet with strong attack to trigger a roar, a blessing, or vexation.
Notes and Tips:
- Upgrades with Twinking Titanite. Cannot be Infused.
- This weapon IS buffable, despite having scaling dark damage. It performs exceptionally well with the Dark Blade buff.
- Both the physical and dark damage scale with Faith. This means that each point in Faith is effectively worth twice what its D scaling would imply, and the weapon's AR will benefit more from it than from Strength.
- Its R2s are the same as the Great Club's, and are good for dealing with groups of enemies or catching rolls.
- True to the weapon's description, any time the weapon art is performed it will randomly trigger one of the three effects mentioned: The roar is kind of an AoE blast that covers your front and sides, the blessing gives an effect similar to that of Perseverance, and the vexation will spawn a small floating sphere that will follow you around, then explodes, dealing Dark damage to anything caught in its blast, including you. The blast can be dodged with a timely roll.
- Interestingly, it seems that Shira never triggers the vexation effect when she's using this weapon.
Location/Where to Find
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Crucifix of the Mad King Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)