Crystal Sage's Rapier is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
Thrusting Sword with tiny crystals scattered across its blade, used by the Crystal Sages for self-defence.
The crystals boost the magic damage inflicted by the sword, and the item discovery of its wielder, fruit of the lifetime of research conducted by the sages.
From stance, use normal attack to back step and execute a surprise attack, or a strong attack for consecutive thrusting.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused or Buffed.
- Upgraded with Titanite Scales.
- Increases Item Discovery by 50 (the effect occurs even if the stat requirements are not met so long as the item is equipped in an active slot).
- Wielding two will provide full item discovery bonus from both of the weapons, granting a total bonus of 100 item discovery.
- Can be used efficiently together with Symbol of Avarice, Covetous Gold Serpent Ring, and either a Rusted Coin or a Rusted Gold Coin.
- If this item is equipped in one hand, while two-handing a weapon in the other hand, the item discovery bonus will still be active.
- Is the longest Thrusting Sword in the game.
Location/Where to Find
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Crystal Sage's Rapier Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)