Curse is a status effect in Dark Souls 3.
- Effect: Instant death once the status bar fills up.
- No lasting penalty beyond one death, compared to the original dark souls.
- Mitigation: Cursebite Ring, Fleshbite Ring, Mossfruit, Deep Protection, Profuse Sweat, Equipment with high Curse resistance
- Luck investment, contrary to popular belief (and the ingame tooltip), does NOT give extra curse resistance apart from normal curse resisntance gained from leveling any attribute.
- Cured: None
- Basilisks in Farron Keep, Irithyll Dungeon and Demon Ruins.
- Cursed Books in Grand Archives.
- In this area the curse status can also be mitigated by dipping your head in one of the available wax basins.
- Giant spiders in Cathedral of the Deep and Anor Londo inflicts curse.
- Deacons of the Deep will summon priests who slowly fills the room with curse clouds.
- Oceiros, the Consumed King has a crystal dragon breath attack that inflicts curse status.
- Pus of Man in Lothric Castle has a curse inducing spit.
- The Ring of Sacrifice has no effect if the player dies from exposure to Curse. The ring won't even break when equipped, but a bloodstain will be at the location of death like with any other normal death.
- Despite what its description may seem to suggest, Purging Stones do not remove the curse status buildup. They only remove Hollowing buildup.