Curse Ward Greatshield is a Shield in Dark Souls 3.
Greatshield given to those who resisted the curse long ago.
Far too heavy for an ordinary person, perhaps it signifies the foolishness of resisting the curse.
And yet, those who bear the weight of this shield will not find its protections against curses wanting.
Skill: Weapon Skill
Equipped this shield in the left hand allows one to perform the Skill of the right hand weapon.
Notes and Tips:
- Can NOT be Infused.
- Can be Buffed.
- Reinforced with Titanite Scales.
- Provides an average block of 76.4%.
- Despite the description, this shield doesn't block sources of curse build-up or increase the wielder's curse resistance.
- This looks remarkably similar to the Pursuer's Greatshield. The cutout portions on the Pursuer's Greatshield are horizontal (left and right), whereas the cutouts on this shield are vertical (top and bottom). Both shields are mentioned as "unbearably heavy" and "protective against curses".
Location/Where to Find
- Looted from a corpse on an alter near the first short cut at Cathedral of the Deep. (Watch the Fextra Video at 1hr 1min 24secs in)
Youtube Moveset and Location Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Curse Ward Greatshield Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)||Stability|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)