Dark Hand is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
Weapon that allows its wielder to evoke an art unique to Londor, the land of the Hollow. It is also said to be an ancient relic of a Primordial Serpent.
The Dark Hand mercilessly saps the essence of its victims, and can also double as a special shield. Cannot be used two-handed.
Embrace the victim and steal their HP. Can only be used against humans.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused, Buffed or Reinforced
- Despite this, it can still be useful in PvE up to mid-game. It can be obtained as early as after defeating Vordt, and its base damage is very high and is split heavily towards one damage type (Dark). It also scales with the 4 main damage stats and has no requirements, allowing pretty much any build to use it as a substitute for a Deep- or Dark-infused weapon.
- Its strike property can also be useful for stun-locking the skeletons in the Catacombs of Carthus. This is especially useful for dexterity builds, which usually have a hard time finding decent weapons with strike damage properties early on in the game.
- Can be used as a shield when equipped in left hand. If equipped in right hand, it acts as a striking weapon with a fist-weapon moveset.
- Because it doesn't count as a shield, this weapon cannot be buffed with Magic Shield, making it a very bad shield due to the low stability. With 30 Endurance almost any weapon can get through your stamina bar with 2-3 hits.
- When using a weapon that can attack with the shield up, like a spear or rapier, the shield animation dissapears despite it still blocking damage.
- This item is missable in a playthrough if not purchased from Yuria of Londor.
- The Life Drain skill has hyper armor and can be used quickly enough to hit a parried or guard broken enemy. If you wish to hit another player with it, try predicting their rolls and hit them when they come out of it. The hitbox lingers around for quite some time, so it is possible to do this. The hyper armor of the life drain ability will also allow you to take 1 to 2 hits from different sized weapons depending on your poise.
- You can hit normal mobs with the weapon skill, but won't perform the hp leeching grab, instead you will just do slightly higher damage than from a normal punch.
- This weapon can do more damage with its skill if used behind someone, with the dark clutch ring, was able to do 1267 damage, plus with the lyoids ring it was able to do even more, with a high enough dark defence the damage will not show.
Location/Where to Find
- Sold by Yuria of Londor for 12,000 souls
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please don't post videos.)
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)