Demon is a mini-boss enemy in Dark Souls 3. It is found roaming the Undead Settlement and Catacombs of Carthus.
- The Undead Settlement one is tied to Siegward of Catarina's quest.
- The Catacombs of Carthus one drops a special soul that can be used in Soul Transposition.
- Undead Settlement: find the tower lift of the right of the area and drop down mid-way onto some rooftops, then further down to meet the demon.
- Catacombs of Carthus: after you break the hanging wooden bridge, go down using it as a ladder to find the demon near a mimic and amongst many skeletons.
- Souls (Undead Settlement): NG (5000), NG+ (25,000), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+9 (??)
- Souls (Catacombs of Carthus): NG (5000), NG+ (15,000), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+9 (??)
- Co-Op Souls: ??
- Other: Fire Gem (Undead Settlement), Soul of a Demon (Catacombs of Carthus).
- Health (Undead Settlement): NG (1390), NG+ (~3932), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+9 (??)
- Health (Catacombs of Carthus): NG (2982), NG+ (~4377), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+9 (??)
- Can be fooled with alluring skull, and be charmed with rapport
- Weak against black knight weapons
- Get between its legs and make your way to the tail.
- You can be aided by Siegward of Catarina to defeat the one in the Undead Settlement.
- You can be aided by a nearby Mimic to defeat the Demon in the Catacombs of Carthus.
Strategy 1 (Melee)
Catacombs of Carthus: Run down the stairs to meet the demon and run around the perimeter of the first platform. Two skeletons will rise and chase you. However, they are agressive to the demon. Run past the demon and the skeletons will start to fight it. They do quite a bit of damage, but are easily killed by the demon. More skeletons can be found on the platform below the demon. Most of the skeletons have more than one life. Allow the skeletons to bludgen the demon. Usually by the time all the skeletons die the demon is either dead or very close to dead. Mop up the rest of surviving skeletons (if there are any).
Strategy 2 (Melee)
Catacombs of carthus: using alluring skulls, bait the demon towards the edge, so that it will drop off to the lower platform. When the demon drops below, use a plunging attack or a jumping attack to deal massive damage very quickly. the skeletons in the lower section should keep it busy if you need to run to the upper platform to repeat this as necessary.
Strategy 3 (Bow+Arrows)Undead Settlement: Run to the building where the dogs are and stand on the balcony. Shoot him until he dies.
Catacombs of Carthus: Lure the demon to the door of the room and shoot from a bow.
The demon can prevail upon you to task and fall through the texture, later died there (reward and soul will be received by you)
Alternately, if you go to the ledge away from the door and shoot him, he may repeatedly attempt to belch fire at you, which can be easily walked away from to allow you to regenerate stamina for your volleys. I defeated him in this manner with approx. 20 standard arrows from my Black Bow of Pharis +3.
Strategy 4 (Magic)
Undead Settlement: Run down towards the shack on the left. There's a narrow path down the left side of the shack. Keep going and get the demon's attention, attack with heavy soul arrow etc.. Then quickly run back the way you came, get close enough to the start and Seigward will activate. Let him start attacking the demon. Run back down past that shack and attack the demon from behind with heavy soul arrow, till dead.
Strategy 5 (Mimic)
Catacombs of Carthus: When you enter the room with the demon is in do not go down to him. Instead, continue on the path you are on until you reach the mimic chest. After attracting the mimics attention lure him down to the demon, who will be hostile to the mimic. The demon and mimic will both deal heavy damage to one another, usually with the mimic killing the demon for you allowing you to collect the soul of the demon. Be wary of the skeletons in the area who may swarm and kill you before the mimic/demon fight is over.
Only Youtube Partners can place videos. Embeds from FL channel only - please add your link below if you're a partner
- Example 1
- Example 2
Demon has one attack phase. (Once his health is low enough his body becomes covered in flames)
- This demon was one of many created by the Chaos Flame, but since said flame has died, along with the other demons born of the Chaos Flame, it is possible that it, along with the one in the Catacombs of Carthus, and the Old Demon King, are the only demons left. "Demons were born of the Chaos Flame, but the flame has not survived, and the demons are a dying race." - Soul of a Demon
Notes & Trivia
- Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, such as name translations or voice actors.