Estus Flask is a Consumable in Dark Souls 3.
- Allows the player to refill some of his/her HP bar.
- The player will gain more Estus Flasks through out the course of the game, allowing for more healing to be used between Bonfires.
- The player can also assign how many Estus Flasks become Ashen Estus Flasks at Blacksmith Andre in Firelink Shrine.
- Players start the game with 3 Estus Flasks and pick up 1 Ash Estus Flask in the initial area.
- To obtain more flasks, you must turn in Estus Shard at Blacksmith Andre in the Firelink Shrine.
- Amount of flasks the player carries can be increased using Estus Shard
- The player can carry 15 Estus Flasks total.
- Can be reinforced by burning Undead Bone Shard, at the Firelink Shrine bonfire, up to +10. This allows each swig from the flask to replenish more health.
- The Estus Ring increases the amount of health regenerated by Estus Flask by 20%.
- It's also possible to refill estus flasks by killing enemies. There is a hidden gauge filled by souls of fallen enemies (player doesn't need to kill the monsters themselves).
- You cannot recover more than your maximum number of uses (i.e., if you have 5 estus flasks, gaining souls will not give you a sixth).
- Defeating an invader as the host gives you two of each Estus type. Defeating another player as any type of phantom gives you one of each Estus type.
- (I have done some tests, and the refill mechanics seems very random. Sometimes the same guy can drop 2 refills back to back, and other times I get none at all from several runs through the same area. It's almost like an estus refill is a luckbased drop, kind of like other drops from fallen enemies. Some enemies also have guaranteed estus refills.)
(needs testing - possibly guaranteed estus refill from killing non-respawning enemies)
- Every Estus flask upgrade yields less than the one before in recovery, and since the HP recovered grow, the relative improvement may seem even more marginal. This may be because it helps keep play somewhat balanced between a player who finds all the undead bone shards and one who only finds half of them, since the first half of the upgrades is a much more substantial boost than the latter half.
|Flask Level||HP Recovery||HP Recovery with Estus Ring||Increase in recovery from last level|
Trivia goes here
| Alluring Skull | | Ashen Estus Flask | | Black Bug Pellet | | Black Eye Orb | | Bloodred Moss Clump | | Blooming Purple Moss Clump | | Blue Bug Pellet | | Budding Green Blossom | | Carthus Rouge | | Charcoal Pine Resin | | Church Guardian Shiv | | Cracked Red Eye Orb | | Divine Blessing | | Divine Spear Fragment | | Dragon Stone Torso | | Dragon Torso Stone | | Duel Charm | | Ember | | Estus Shard | | Filanore's Spear Ornament | | Forked Pale Tongue | | Gold Pine Bundle | | Gold Pine Resin | | Green Blossom | | Hidden Blessing | | Homeward Bone | | Human Pine Resin | | Mossfruit | | Pale Pine Resin | | Purging Stone | | Red Bug Pellet | | Rime-Blue Moss Clump | | Ritual Spear Fragment | | Rotten Pine Resin | | Rusted Coin | | Rusted Gold Coin | | Siegbrau | | Soul of a Nameless Soldier | | Twinkling Dragon Head Stone | | Undead Bone Shard | | Way of White Circlet | | Yellow Bug Pellet | | Young White Branch |