Fume Ultra Greatsword is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
This twisted sword, the heaviest of all ultra greatswords, resembles black slate.
This weapon, said to belong to a traitor from long ago, was so heavy that it found no owner, and became a forgotten relic of history.
Use one's weight to lunge forward with a low stance and increased poise, and follow with a crushing strong attack.
Notes and Tips:
- Can be Buffed but can't be Infused.
- The heaviest UGS in the game.
- Upgrades with Twinkling Titanite.
- Patch 1.03 nerfed base damage. At +5 the base damage was reduced from 330 to 260.
- At 60 Strength and the mininal amount of Dexterity required to wield every Ultra Greatsword, it is the strongest out of all the Ultra Greatswords. However, at very high stats (60+ in STR/DEX/LCK) its AR is lower than the Farron Greatsword.
- Blocks attacks during Stomp. Each blocked attack will drain stamina as if blocking normally, but wont ever be guard broken.
- Can serve as a pseudo-shield when blocking, with passable damage reduction and stability; although the lack of 100% physical absorbtion does limit it's uses. A good idea to offset the chip damage from blocking would be to stack some HP regeneration.
- It's two-handed R2/RT deals Strike damage instead of Thrust. Probably due to the fact that the sword has no tip, but another blade at the end.
- Has a higher poise health value than other Ultra Greatswords. While all the other Ultra Greatswords have a poise health value of 27.3, the FUGS has 30.8 poise health. This means you can have 39.3 poise to tank through other Ultra Greatswords instead of 45.9. The higher poise health also applies to the Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords.
- In comparison to the Heavy-infused Greatsword: the Fume Ultra Greatsword has larger range, Great Hammer poise health, Higher resulting damage (despite its ~30 lower AR, it deals Strike damage and most armors have lower strike absorption), the Weapon Art stomp R2 has more range, has enough stability and absorption to be a working shield against non-large weapons while two handed, and has a superior moveset with its rolling r1 poke and r2 poke. On the downside the Fume Ultra Greatsword weighs more (about 15 points in vitality), costs a bit more stamina to attack with, and has lower AR so may end up doing less damage against some armor setups.
Location/Where to Find
- Dropped by Knight Slayer Tsorig underneath the Smoldering Lake. He can be found beyond the areas with the rats and the basilisks, but before the exit that goes up to the ballista. Go to the left of the stairs to the exit and you will find him in front of a pool of lava. A good strategy to take him out is to use a heavy hammer to knock him down so he can't attack you.
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Fume Ultra Greatsword Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)