Gentle Prayer is a Weapon Art in Dark Souls 3.
Weapons That Have Gentle Prayer
- Priest's Chime
- Cleric's Sacred Chime
- Caitha's Chime
- Crystal Chime
- Yorshka's Chime
- Saint-tree Bellvine
Notes & Information
- Gentle Prayer is a passive miracle, meaning that it will remain active for a short time, after it has been cast.
- The skill is weapon based, meaning that if the player switches away from the chime while the miracle is active, it will cease its effect. This also happens when the player 2-hands a weapon, even if the chime is on their other hand.
- With the 10 Faith requirement of the Priest's Chime, the 13 FP cost, and no need for an attunement slot, this heal skill is exceptionally good early game. The only downside is that it heals gradually and is weapon dependent, so it's not well suited for battle situations unless the chime is also used as a primary weapon.
- Heals 360 hp over 60 seconds and costs 13 fp to cast. This averages 6 hp per second, and 27.7 hp per fp used.
- Compared to Heal Aid, which heals 150 hp for 27 fp, averaging 5.55 hp per fp used. Gentle Prayer heals much more efficiently, but only if one is willing to wait 60 seconds for the heal to finish without 2-handing or using a shield.
- Must meet the requirements of the chime and have enough FP, to be able to use the skill.
- The duration and amount of healing is not affected by stats, rings or chime upgrade level, although the FP cost is reduced to 10 with the Farron Ring.
- Curiously, Gentle Prayer heals 366 HP when the chime is held in the left hand, and 378 HP in the right hand. When two-handed it heals 378 HP regardless of which hand the chime is in.
- Can be used in both hands, healing a total of 720 hp over 60 seconds. To make this, first equip the right chime in 2 hands and push left trigger, then return to two weapons mode and push left trigger for the left chime buff. (In 1.05 it does not work)
- Players will take an instability hit if they are attacked during the animation.