|Weakness||Thrust, Magic, Dark, Fire|
|Immune||Frost, Poison, Toxic|
Carthus Sandworm is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3.
Should be merged with Giant Sandworm
- A visually impressive mini-boss that guards the entrance to the Old Demon King.
- Erupts from the ground if you turn left upon entering the Smouldering Lake.
- Will damage you if you stand too close to its moving body, or if you get caught by its lightning breath.
- If Giant Avelyn is still active, player can easily bait it to shoot Sandworm from a safe area behind any rock killing it with ease. Video Example. Therefore, it is adviced to not shut down Avelyn before killing Sandworm.
- The Sandworm is unable to attack if you stay on the solid rock behind it.
- If the Avelyn is taken out the Sandworm is easily baited into melee. Just wait for it to use its lightning attack and run up to hit it until it starts to move again and back away. Repeat as necessary.
- It is advised to snipe at the worm with a bow of choice.
- There are openings in its attack patterns for melee attacks. The worm has to stop moving or you'll be knocked back.
- Can not be lured.
- Can not be Rapported.
- Weak to Thrust, Magic, Dark and Fire.
- Resistant to Lightning and Bleed.
- Immune to Frost and Poison/Toxic.
Notes & Trivia
- Drops Lightning Stake and Undead Bone Shard
- Souls: NG (6,000). NG+ (18,000) NG++ (19,801) NG+5 (22,501)
- The description on Lightning Stake and the nature of the worm suggest that it is not a dragon or demon, but a transformed dragonslayer. However, there is a theory suggesting that it is transformed Solaire of Astore, a character from Dark Souls I.
- Is the same Worm that is mentioned in the description of the Yellow Bug Pellet.
- Also might be a reference to the Shai-Hulud (or Shaitan later in the books) which are giant sandworms from the Dune saga writen by Frank Herbert.