Hollowslayer Greatsword is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
Greatsword used for a lifetime by a masked knight. Harbors the fears that lurk within the mind of Hollows, and is particularly effective against them.
Bestowed to a proper Mirrah knight long ago. Two-hand to execute special sword techniques.
While in stance, use normal attack to break a foe’s guard from below, and strong attack to slash upwards with a forward lunge.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused or Buffed.
- Reinforced with Titanite Scale.
- Deals 20% bonus damage against Hollows;
- effective against a wide number of hollowed enemies, and even some bosses, throughout the game.
- This weapon's bonus damage does not affect hollowed players in PvP.
- When two-handed executes the same moveset as in Dark Souls 2.
- The weapon of Lucatiel of Mirrah, a NPC in Dark Souls 2 whose mask and armor set are also available in Dark Souls 3. The Sunset Shield available ingame also matches the appearance of Lucatiel's shield from Dark Souls 2 exactly.
- Hyper Armour begins earlier each consecutive 2 handed R1, up until the first animation repeats.
Softcaps & Scaling:
- 2-Handed Stats
- 14/18 = 358 AR = Base Stats
- 28/18 = 414 AR = Str Softcap
- 14/40 = 462 AR = Dex Softcap
- 14/60 = 482 AR
- 27/40 = 516 AR = Combined Softcap
- 40/40 = 529 AR
- 28/60 = 538 AR
- After Softcaps it gets less than 2 AR per level
- 2-handed Quality weapon
- Scales well with both stats
- Gains more from Dex than Strength
- Gains 1 AR per level from 40-60 Dex & from 79-99 Dex
Location/Where to Find
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
- Hollowslayer Greatsword moveset
- 2 Handed R1 are notably wider slashes than most greatswords, very reminiscent of its Dark Souls 2 Counterpart - they seem to be shared only with the DrakeBlood Greatsword
Hollowslayer Greatsword Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)