The Izalith Staff is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
Ancient catalyst of the Witch of Izalith and her daughters, used long before the dawn of chaos and of pyromancy.
With the birth of the Chaos Flame, the flame witches were at once both sorcerers and shamans. Faith adjusts the power of sorceries cast using this catalyst, and the staff also seems to boost the power of dark sorceries.
Skill: Steady Chant
Boost the strength of sorceries for a very short period. Works while equipped in either hand.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused or Buffed.
- Reinforced with Twinkling Titanite.
- Dark sorceries cast with this staff will scale with both Intelligence and Faith. Dark sorceries cast with any other staff will scale only with Intelligence up to 60, and will only deal marginally less damage.
- Contrary to this staff's description, its Faith scaling only applies to dark sorceries and will have no effect on sorceries that deal magic damage.
- With both Intelligence and Faith investment, this staff is the most powerful for sorceries that deal dark damage.
- When casting dark sorceries with this staff, the softcap is 45 Intelligence and 45 Faith. Anything past that gives minimal damage returns.
- When casting normal sorceries with this staff, only the Intelligence scaling is considered and its softcap is at the standard 60 Intelligence.
- As a matter of fact, this staff can be used as a decent weapon to get rid of weak ennemies, due to high base physical damage (for a staff) and the very low stamina consumption for each strike, in spite of the lack of any combo. This is essentially meant to avoid wasting precious FP and Ashen Estus Flasks on trash mobs.
- This staff grants a higher range to Farron Flashsword than any other sorcery catalyst.
- At 60 INT and 60 FTH it has a spellbuff of 270.
- Curiously enough, there are no fire spells to be used with this staff, not even the firestorm pyromancies. According to Dark Souls I, the Witch of Izalith and her daughters, armed with these staves, used fire sorceries against the Everlasting Dragons - probably firestorms, judging by the cinematic intro. It was way before the birth of the pyromancy as we know it. Also there is no mention of any dark sorcery amongst the sorcerers of Izalith, in spite of the dark magic bonus granted by this item.
Location/Where to Find
- Looted from a corpse that is found behind 2 hidden walls at Smouldering Lake in the tunnel with the large rat. It is on the far side of the wall just before where the large rat is standing. The first wall has a chest and the staff is located is on the ledge you jump down to after hitting the second wall directly behind the chest.
- Video of location.
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)