Moaning Shield is a Greatshield in Dark Souls 3.
A deformed greatshield given to Eygon of Carim upon being conferred knighthood.
The giant woman's face that protects Eygon is that of his sister, some years his senior.
Offer a gentle prayer to the shield, causing the woman's face to give out a low moan and attract enemies.
Notes and Tips:
- Can NOT be Infused.
- Can be Buffed.
- Reinforced with Twinkling Titanite.
- Provides an average block of 78.6%. Exceptionally solid blocking, but requires the highest strength of all greatshields at 50 points. Also boasts the second highest stabillity in game, 82 at +5.
- Using the shield's skill "Moan" makes the shield moan and attracts enemies for 30 seconds.
- Can be given to Pickle Pee, Pump-a-Rum Crow in exchange for a blessed gem
- Using Magic Shield on this shield when maximally upgraded will result in no stamina loss through blocking, however, elemental damage will chip through.
Location/Where to Find
- Dropped by Eygon of Carim.
- Looted from Eygon of Carim's corpse late-game in the old cell of Irina of Carim.
Youtube Moveset and Location Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Moaning Shield Upgrade Table
|Attack Values Bonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)||Stability|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)