Onislayer Greatbow is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
A unique greatbow handed down in an eastern land, where tales are told of its use in slaying giant horned oni.
Drawing a bow of this size takes time, and leaves the user vulnerable. Only specialized great arrows can be fired from the bow.
Skill: Puncturing Arrow
Masterfully fires off a great arrow that pierces through all enemies in its path, inflicting damage.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused or Buffed.
- Reinforced with Twinkling Titanite.
- Can only fire Greatarrows.
- This Great Bow has a range of 63, making it one of the longest ranged bows in the game.
- Resembles the Alonne Greatbow from Dark Souls 2.
- Since bows cannot be used without being 2-handed, the "true" Strength requirement for this weapon is 12.
- Scaling is weird on this weapon. Str bonus peaks at 27 strength (Note, this means 2 handing at 18 Str is fine), but Dex bonus is all over the place. Peak scaling bonus is reached at 36 Dex then starts softcapping at 40 Dex, afterwards you get mediocre scaling up to ca. 55 Dex, very bad scaling up to ca. 75 Dex, then oddly enough a relatively good scaling up to 99 Dex. The Str scaling from 18-24 is better than the Dex scaling above 40 Dex. If you consider 2 handing, optimal stats are 18 Str 40 Dex.
Location/Where to Find
- Profaned Capital - Drop off on the bridge leading from the bonfire to the Yhorm boss fight.
- video location
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Onislayer Greatbow Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)