Parry is a Skill in Dark Souls 3.
Weapons That Have Parry
- Iron Round Shield
- Target Shield
- Blue Wooden Shield
- Caduceus Round Shield
- Small Leather Shield
- Golden Falcon Shield
- East-West Shield
- Leather Shield
- Crimson Parma
- Large Leather Shield
- Silver Knight Shield
- Spirit Tree Crest Shield
- Sunlight Shield
- Katanas (only when using Hold. Darkdrift and Frayed Blade do not have Hold)
- Caestus (left hand only)
- Demon's Fist (left hand only)
- Claw (left hand only)
- Manikin Claws (left hand only)
- Rapier (left hand only)
- Scimitar (left hand only)
- Sellsword Twinblades (left hand only)
- Pontiff Knight Curved Sword (left hand only)
- Painting Guardian's Curved Sword (left hand only)
- Rotten Ghru Curved Sword (left hand only)
- Farron Greatsword (Dual wielding only)
- Parrying Dagger
- Shotel (left hand only)
- Iudex Gundyr
- Abyss Watchers
- Crystal Sage
- Deacons of the Deep
- Pontiff Sulyvahn
- Champion Gundyr
- Dragonslayer Armour (You can't riposte)
- Lothric, younger Prince (You take damage and can't Riposte)
- Champion's Gravetender
- Sister Friede
- Halflight, Spear of the Church
Notes & Information
- Jumping attacks performed by players cannot be parried under any circumstances.
- When two-handed, R1 and R2 attacks from Ultra Greatswords, Greataxes, and Great Hammers cannot be parried.
- Two-handed rolling and running R1 attacks from these weapons can still be parried.
- Curved Greatsword R2 attacks cannot be parried.
- Some parry related experiments can be found here
- The Parrying Dagger is the only dagger that allows you to parry while in either hand.
- The weapon with the highest parry frame window is the Painting Guardian's Curved Sword but has a longer wind up.
- The weapons with shortest wind up before parry frames are active are fist weapons and your bare hands Bare-handed parries can only be used when the player has no weapons equipped in either hand.
- Fist weapons have a small number of instability frames after their parry frame window ends, causing you to take extra damage from attacks if you parry too early.
- Whips cannot be parried in any way.