Pyromancer's Parting Flame is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
The pyromancy flame of Livid Pyromancer Dunnel that attracts the echoes of the death.
When Dunnel lost his hideous spouse, he gave his own pyromancy flame as an offering, which transformed into a parting flame. Not long after, Dunnel became a mad spirit, cursed to wander the lands.
Skill: Parting Flame
Release store of death echoes to gain a modest dose of Estus.
Notes and Tips:
- Upgraded with normal Titanite, and can only be upgraded by Cornyx of the Great Swamp.
- This pyromancy flame leaves trails of fire during its casting animations, which will damage nearby opponents. This can boost the damage of spells like Black Flame at extremely close ranges, or simply hurt enemies that get too close when you're casting something like Profaned Flame.
- The fire trails only appear for offensive spells, not buffs. Floating Chaos also doesn't make fire trails.
- Has slightly less Spell Buff scaling than the basic Pyromancy Flame, and will do slightly less damage with spells unless the fire trails also hit.
- In order to use the Weapon Skill, you have to keep the flame equipped and out, then kill 12 enemies to charge it. Switching the flame for a shield or weapon will reset the counter, but two-handing a weapon in the opposite hand will not reset the counter. A yellow mist effect will appear on your character when the weapon skill is fully charged and ready.
- The skill's charges do not stack. Using it will expend all charges, and it will never give more than one Estus use. The skill only gives normal Estus, and not Ash Estus.
- Requires more stamina than normal Pyromancy Flame for each cast.
- Even if you have less than 15 strength, pyromancies casted through the flame will consume the same amount of stamina and will be dealing the same damage.
Location/Where to Find
- Painted World of Ariandel: Past the Snow Mountain Pass bonfire, on the bottom floor of the crypt with the giant flies (can also be accessed from the Ariandel Chapel bonfire if the shortcut to here has already been opened). There is a fly facing an illusory wall on the top floor which will lead to the bottom floor. From here, proceed to the right side of the room to a walled-up doorway. This is another illusory wall. Proceed through here until you reach the outside area with giant roots. Carefully descend down the roots until you reach the tower below. The corpse here will contain the Parting Flame.
- Fextralife Video: Location of Pyromancer's Parting Flame
- Video Example: video starts at the beginning of the ice roots. If need be, start the video from the beginning to show you both illusory walls in the bug crypt.
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Pyromancer's Parting Flame Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)