Pyromancer's Parting Flame is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
The pyromancy flame of Livid Pyromancer Dunnel that attracts the echoes of the death.
When Dunnel lost his hideous spouse, he gave his own pyromancy flame as an offering, which transformed into a parting flame. Not long after, Dunnel became a mad spirit, cursed to wander the lands.
Skill: Parting Flame
Release store of death echoes to gain a modest dose of Estus.
Notes and Tips:
- Upgraded with normal Titanite, and can only be upgraded by Cornyx of the Great Swamp.
- This pyromancy flame leaves trails of fire during its casting animations, which will damage nearby opponents. This can boost the damage of spells like Black Flame at extremely close ranges, or simply hurt enemies that get too close when you're casting something like Profaned Flame. This makes it a good choice for Pyromancers who like to get close and play aggressive.
- The fire trails only appear for offensive spells, not buffs. Floating Chaos also doesn't make fire trails.
- Has slightly less spell buff scaling than the basic Pyromancy Flame, and will do slightly less damage with spells unless the fire trails also hits.
- Has a higher stamina consumption than the regular Pyromancer's Flame.
- While it's strange enough that this catalyst has a Strength requirement, there is apparently no noticeable penalty for failing to meet this requirement. Spell buff, Spell damage, Focus cost, Stamina consumption, and the damage from the fire trail all see no penalties for players with less than 15 Str. The only real downside is the "unable to use with present attributes" message that pops up when equipping this weapon.
Location/Where to Find
- Painted World of Ariandel: Past the Snow Mountain Pass bonfire, on the bottom floor of the crypt with the giant flies (can also be accessed from the Ariandel Chapel bonfire if the shortcut to here has already been opened). There is a fly facing an illusory wall on the top floor which will lead to the bottom floor. From here, proceed to the right side of the room to a walled-up doorway. This is another illusory wall. Proceed through here until you reach the outside area with giant roots. Carefully descend down the roots until you reach the tower below. The corpse here will contain the Parting Flame.
- Fextralife Video: Location of Pyromancer's Parting Flame
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Pyromancer's Parting Flame Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)