|/||8 / 8|
Pyromancy taught among savages. Flame burrows inside foes and ignites.
Originally used in a ceremony for cleansing sacrificial impurities, thereby lending the spell its name.
As barbaric as it seems, this may in fact be quite fitting for the savage pyromancers who consider themselves servants of the divine."
- Found in: the large lava pit in late Smouldering Lake, behind Knight Slayer Tsorig. A bridge with a Black Knight stretches across the pool from above (video location).
- Path: From Demon Ruins bonfire, proceed through the underground passages until you enter a room with two pyromancers and their floating fire orbs. Immediately turn left towards a corridor with rats in it. Follow this path until you enter an area with basilisks. When you come upon stairs leading up, take the passage to the left. Knight Slayer Tsorig will attempt to cave your skull in. The pyromancy is in the lava behind him, closest to the shore, along the left wall.
- Use fire-resistent gear, such as Knight Slayer Tsorig's equipment or flash sweat, to survive the lava long enough to loot it.
Tips against the lava
- Drink estus instead of rolling a lot.
- Blocking while entering lava blocks the damage of lava, as long as the shield is facing towards the far wall. This makes returning to safety difficult. After picking up an item, the player can still raise their shield to block the damage.
- Use any combination of high fire resist armor, Flash Sweat pyromancy(+30%), Red Bug Pellets (+15%), Flame Stoneplate Ring (+13%), Speckled Stoneplate Ring (+5%) Blue Tearstone Ring (+20% at 20%).
In the End you should get around 66% resistance (73% with Blue Tearstone Ring), alltough it would be better to use Prisoners Chain (+5 Vitality) and, or Havel's Ring (+15% equip load) for more equip load.
- Note, that, the more you stack up resistance, the more "diminishing returns" takes into effect, which means that you will not get the full benefit of additional resistance. So you don't really need Havels Amor Set.
- Effective against a large number of humanoid enemies both larger and smaller than you, but the long windup leaves you vulnerable to counterattack against enemies with short downtime between their attacks. Roughly as strong as a frontstab with a longsword-sized weapon in PvP if it connects, usually risky.
- Can connect through the guard on most humanoid enemies, with some exceptions.
- Damage does not increase with the Hornet Ring, despite doing critical damage.
- If Aldrich's Sapphire is equipped, a successful grab WILL recover 15 FP from this "critical attack".
- In Aldrich's Ruby is equipped, a successful grab WILL also recover 85 HP from this "critical attack".
- Gives the player hyper armor in the later frames of the grab animation?
- It is possible to catch another player out of a plunging attack with Sacred Flame. This requires you to land the hit during the hyper armor frames, be close enough to catch the player, and most importantly tank one of the most damaging moves available to any weapon. (The person who writes this has only pulled this off three times on a dedicated Pyromancy PVP character with 140 hours.)
| Acid Surge | | Black Fire Orb | | Black Flame | | Black Serpent | | Boulder Heave | | Bursting Fireball | | Carthus Beacon | | Carthus Flame Arc | | Chaos Bed Vestiges | | Chaos Storm | | Fire Ball | | Fire Orb | | Fire Surge | | Fire Whip | | Fireball | | Firestorm | | Flame Fan | | Floating Chaos | | Great Chaos Fire Orb | | Great Combustion | | Iron Flesh | | Poison Mist | | Power Within | | Profaned Flame | | Profuse Sweat | | Purification | | Rapport | | Seething Chaos | | Toxic Mist | | Warmth |