Shield of Want is a Shield in Dark Souls 3.
Shield of an ancient king who was cursed by an all-consuming thirst. In the end, he was no king.
The residue of the king's lust still smolders within this shield, increasing the number of souls absorbed when enemies are defeated.
Skill: Weapon Skill
Equipping this shield in the left hand allows one to perform the Skill of the right hand weapon.
Notes and Tips:
- Can NOT be Infused.
- Reinforced with Titanite Scales.
- Provides an average damage block of 65.6%. Second highest stability among standard shields, but a whole 2 units lighter. Fields a rather high 18 strength requirement but is remarkably effective, in addition to its passive ability. One of the best general use shields in the game.
- Increases souls gained by 20%. Stacks with other items.
- Wearing Covetous Silver Serpent Ring provides 32% more Souls,if also wearing Symbol of Avarice you gain 98% more Souls.
- Shield must be held for the souls to count. will still count if you dual wield or two-hand a weapon (shield on back)
- You do not need to meet the Strength requirement to gain the 20% bonus.
- It's King Vendrick's shield from Dark Souls II.
Location/Where to Find
- Looted from a dead corpse in the lake with a giant worm at Smouldering Lake. (Video- Part 5 - 1:57:29)
Youtube Moveset and Location Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Shield of Want Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)