|????||-||Cathedral of the Deep||-|
Slave Knight Gael is an NPC in Dark Souls 3.
- Can't be killed permanently. Will respawn in the Cathedral, if killed. May take several reloads.
- Can be summoned in the Painted World of Ariandel, before the Sister Friede boss fight, in the corner just to the left of the sliding altar. When summoned he will appear for Phase 2 of the boss fight. Can be summoned even if not embered. Note: Summon is blocked, when player defeats Demon Prince in The Ringed City DLC.
- Can be summoned in The Dreg Heap before the Demon in Pain & Demon from Below/Demon Prince boss fight. Summon sign can be found near Eathern Peak bonfire and dark circle. This time can't be summoned if not embered, but beating Sister Friede first does not block this summon.
- He wears the Slave Set and wields Executioner's Greatsword.
- See also: Slave Knight Gael (Boss)
- You can find Slave Knight at Cathedral of the Deep, Cleansing Bonfire if you have the Ashes of Ariandel DLC. He will be laying prostrate to the right of the bonfire and will give you passage to the Painted World of Ariandel.
- If you enter the Ringed City before meeeing him at the Cleansing Chapel, an alternate cutscene will play wherein the painting is resting on the alter.
- His projection can be found near few messages at The Dreg Heap.
- No items.
- Uses Executioner's Greatsword (RH), Sunset Shield and Canvas Talisman (LH).
- Casts Way of White Corona.
First encounter dialogue:
Ahh, merciful goddess, mother of the Forlorn, who have no place to call their own...
Please, bear witness to our resolve...
Fire for Ariandel... Fire for Ariandel...
And the ash to kindle flame...
You've the same scent as that woman...
Then you must be an Ashen One. You must be!
You don't know how long I've searched!
Ohh, ohh...don't mind me, didn't mean to fall apart.
Now, Ashen One, I have a kindness to ask of you.
My lady lives in the cold land of Ariandel.
I need you to show her flame.
A proper flame, that will burn the rot away.
If you truly are Ash, then it must be fire that you seek?"
If you accept:
Ahh, thank you. They of Ash never fail.
...Just a moment, then...
The painting of Ariandel. Well, rotted scrap of it, that is.
Go on, take it, touch it...
After you are transported:
And then, the Ashes were two.
- When Gael is summoned for the fight against Sister Friede, his name and health bar will not be present. This is odd because every other NPC has their name and health bar and Gael does have them when he is summoned for the Demon in Pain & Demon from Below/Demon Prince fight.
- Painting Women calls him an "uncle". However, the Japanese text version clarifies that she treats him like a "mentor" rather than uncle in a biological way.
- Seeks the dark soul of man.
- The description of the Slave Set and his use of the Way of White Corona imply that he has lived longer than a majority of the main characters in the game.
- Gael's beard cannot be obtained ingame through legitimate means.