Storyteller's Staff is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
Staff of a heretic storyteller who shares tales of the Painted World to forlorn souls.
The storytellers, too, are wretched beings with no place to go. Their bodies, souls, and even their staves are all tainted through and through.
Skill: Poison Spores
Expel noxious spores from the formless, parasitical things that inhabit the staff.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused or Buffed.
- Reinforced with Titanite.
- The only Staff without Steady Chant.
- At 60 INT it has a spellbuff of 218.
Location/Where to Find
- Dropped by the corvian mage at Road of Sacrifices
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
- The Poison Spores weapon art functions very similarly to the Poison Mist pyromancy. For a small FP cost, you raise your staff and emit a purple gas cloud a few meters in front of you. Poisons fairly quickly.
- The poison damage from the weapon art is very unique. Like all poisons, it scales in damage dependant on the victim's maximum HP. The higher the maximum HP, the higher the poison damage. Unlike all other poison, however, the scaling is very noticeable. In all tests, the poison from the Storyteller's Staff did, at minimum, nearly three times the damage of all other Poisons, and scaled up rapidly to nearly four times the damage against bosses.
- Tested on Corvians and the Crucifixion Woods Crabs, the poison from Storyteller's Staff did 4 damage per second to the Corvians, and 8 damage per second to the Giant Crabs. All other poisons did a consistent 3 damage per second.
- Tested on Pontiff Sulyvahn, who is allegedly resistant against poison damage, regular poisons did 13 damage per second, the Toxic effect from Dung Pies did 23 damage per second, while the Storyteller's Staff poison did a very impressive 54 damage per second to him.
- Storyteller Staff poison damage appears to be completely unaffected by Spell Buff, Intellegence, Luck, or by the Staff's upgrade level. This means that any character with at least 12 Intellect could use the Storyteller's Staff purely for the Poison weapon art. Considering how much stronger this weapon art is compared to regular poison, and how it scales so much against high healthed enemies, even to the point of doing more than double the damage Toxic does, this could be worth taking into consideration.
- Like other staves, if one equips the staff on the left hand, the strong attack is replaced by weapon skill, allowing one to cast poison spore without holding the staff with both hands.
Storyteller's Staff Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)