Sunlight Straight Sword is a Unique Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
Straight sword imbued with the strength of lightning.
This featureless long sword contains the very power of the sun. Perhaps is a relic of one-sided adoration.
Skill: Oath of Sunlight
Raise the sword aloft when praising the sun to boost attack and damage absorption for self and allies in vicinity. The warriors of sunlight are co-operators from an ancient age.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused, but can be Buffed
- Reinforced with Twinkling Titanite.
- The Weapon Art, Oath of Sunlight, is a buff that increases damage dealt (both physical and elemental), and decreases damage taken by yourself and allies nearby when it is cast.
- The Oath of Sunlight does not stack with and is overwritten by Sacred Oath. (Tears of Denial is also overwritten, you need to cast the buff first and then Tears if you want it to stay active) Can be stacked with deep protection
- Gives a 10% AR buff and 10% bonus to damage absorption for 45 seconds. Bonuses to damage and absorption are multiplicative.
- Is not affected by Lingering Dragoncrest Ring
Location/Where to Find
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Sunlight Straight Sword Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)