Toxic is a status effect in Dark Souls 3.
Toxic shares resistance properties with Poison, but once it procs it will drain HP a lot quicker and for a longer time.
- Once toxic takes effect it will quickly eat away at your HP, one "tick" each second for 300 seconds, or until cured.
- The amount of HP lost with each tick varies from one hazard to another.
- Toxic status also has a negative effect on stamina.
- Mitigation: Mossfruit, Deep Protection, Profuse Sweat, Vitality investment, Equipment with Poison resist. The Poisonbite Ring does not appear to affect Toxic Resistance.
- Cured: Blooming Purple Moss Clump, Divine Blessing, Caressing Tears
- Toxic swamp in Profaned Capital
- Toxic pools in Consumed King's Garden
- Toxic mist Shamans in Demon Ruins, below the Smouldering Lake
- The Toxic Mist Pyromancy.
- Dung Pie
- Stalk Dung Pie
- Sewer centipede in irithyll of the boreal valley and profaned capital
- The only way? to tell Toxic apart from Poison, before it procs, is by the color of the icon next to the build-up bar. Toxic has a more purple/blue color, while poison is the same pink as the build-up bar.
- The toxic swamp in Profaned Capital deal 14 HP/s
- Bloated shamans in Demon Ruins deal 18 HP/s