Twin Princes' Greatsword is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
Sword forged from the reunion of the inseparable swords born from the souls of Lothric and Lorian, the twin princes.
Their union is rooted in a curse, and perpetuated by grief.
Skill: Sacred Light and Flame
While in stance, use normal attack to cast Sacred Lothric Light, and strong attack to cast Flame of Lorian.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Buffed or Infused.
- Reinforced with Titanite Scale.
- At 40 Str 40 Dex 9 Int 9 Faith this weapon has an AR of 540.
- At 40 Str 14 Dex (minimum) and either 40 Int 9 Faith or 9 Int 40 Faith this weapon has an AR of 521.
- At 22 Str (minimum) 40 Dex and either 40 Int 9 Faith or 9 Int 40 Faith this weapon has an AR of 537.
- At 22 Str and 14 Dex with 40 Int and 40 Faith this weapon has an AR of 518.
- At 40 Str, 40 Dex, 60 Int and 40 Faith this weapon has an AR of 617. This weapon scales poorly with marginal increases in any of the four stats past the 40 softcap.
- The above stat investments are at +5 refinement using the Knight class. Without heavy investment in all four damage stats this weapon falls short in damage relative to other greatswords; even so, it has a decent AR regardless of how you invest points since it scales well with all stats up to the 40 softcap. In combination with its unique and powerful weapon arts, it remains an effective weapon for any build.
- Both weapon arts scale with the total AR of the weapon. They are also faster and cost less FP than the equivalent weapon arts of the component swords (Sacred Lothric Light in particular deploys much faster and hits much harder using this sword than with Lothric's Holy Sword).
- The Weapon Arts require at least 11 (half of the real cost) FP to use at full effect making the off-hand simple infusion strategy somewhat obsolete.
Location/Where to Find
- You need Lothric's Holy Sword and Lorian's Greatsword, both can be obtained from Ludleth of Courland via Soul Transposition.
- Barring item trades with other players you will need to defeat Lothric twice (NG and NG+) in order to obtain this weapon
- Ludleth will only offer to merge the two swords if both are in the player's main inventory when speaking to him. This can be done even if Ludleth has been slain.
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Twin Princes' Greatsword Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)