Wolf's Blood Swordgrass is a Multiplayer Item in Dark Souls 3.
Wolf's Blood Swordgrass
- Offer to the Old Wolf to rank up in the Watchdogs of Farron covenant
- From the Old Wolf of Farron bonfire, go down the ladder and head right. It'll be in a corner near the Estus Soup.
- Dropped from all types of Ghru as a rare drop.
- CAN be obtained when randomly summoned to defend the Farron swamp as a Watchdog of Farron if you successfully defeat the other players.
- The best place to farm is to kill the three Ghrus on the bridge near the Keep Ruins bonfire. There are several methods proposed by the community to efficiently farm them.
- Pyromancy: Chaos Fireball can apparently be used to one-shot all three Ghrus. Use Hidden Body to avoid detection.
- Sorcery: You need to be able to use Crystal Soul Spear to one-shot a Ghru. When farming, position yourself so that you do not aggro them but can still lock on to the two closest Ghrus. Cast CSS once to kill the closest one, which will also kill the farthest one. Cast CSS to the second one, and RUN to get its loot (if any) before the body falls off the bridge. The effect of one Rusted Coin can last 4 "cycles", meaning you kill 12 Ghrus/minute.
- Some players have reported that melee approach can also be used to quickly kill all three Ghrus.
- It is HIGHLY recommended to have an item discovery stat of at least 350+. Item Discovery stat can be boosted by the usage of Symbol of Avarice, Gold Serpent Ring, Crystal Sage's Rapier, and Rusted Coins. (note* you do not need to increase your luck stats because it only adds an insignificant amount compared to the other stats you will be compromising.) Note 2: Wielding another Crystal Sage's Rapier will boost item discovery by another 50 points.
- Invading via Red Eye Orb while being in the covenant does not yield Swordgrass. Instead it gives you Pale Tongues.
- From 195 times farming by keep ruins bonfire, the statistics seem to be 1.68% chance for the poisonbreathing ghrus to drop a swordgrass and 0.92% for the shieldbearing ghrus. The conclusion is that there's 1.2% chance for a swordgrass for every time you kill the three by the keep ruins bonfire.
- There seems to be a strange connection between farming for the Swordgrass & being actually summoned when Watchdogs of Farron is equipped. (DareDevilFCB: I've tested this and the more I was trying to farm the item I was being summoned as a Watchdog much more frequently.)
- Blacksmith Andre will leave you Hawkwood's Swordgrass during his questline which is a brown variation of Wolf's Blood Swordgrass.
| Hawkwood's Swordgrass | | Black Separation Crystal | | Cracked Red Eye Orb | | Dried Finger | | Ember | | Human Dregs | | Pale Tongue | | Proof of a Concord Kept | | Red Eye Orb | | Red Sign Soapstone | | Roster of Knights | | Sunlight Medal | | Vertebra Shackle | | Way of White Circlet | | White Sign Soapstone |