Affinity is a Sorcery in Dark Souls 3. To cast a Sorcery you must use a Staff or Special Weapons that can cast Sorceries.
A forbidden dark sorcery. Casts a dark manifestation of humanity.
It appears to be an expression of envy, or perhaps love towards another, that will tenaciously pursue its target. Even if, like so many human desires, it amounts to nothing but misfortune.
- Bought from Karla for 15,000 souls.
- This spell deals dark damage, and as such will be slightly more powerful when cast with the Izalith Staff with high Intelligence and Faith.
- A pure Intelligence build with no Faith investment can still cast this spell with any other staff, and it will only deal 30-50 less damage.
- The homing properties of this spell have been greatly reduced from the previous games. It can easily miss an enemy who is strafing, though it can still occasionally curve around and hit something it missed on the first pass.
- The 1.03 patch greatly extended this spell's range, so that it no longer fires on enemies outside its range and will continue to pursue them for a short distance beyond that.
- When cast with the Izalith Staff at 45 Intelligence and 45 Faith, the damage is surprisingly high, often hitting over 1,000 against non-boss enemies and not much less than that against bosses.
- Throwing an Alluring Skull and casting Hidden Body will cause the Affinity orbs not to fire. However, they will still damage you if you touch them. The same goes for Homing Soulmass and Homing Crystal Soulmass.
- Deals (Spell buff x 0.6) damage per projectile.