Black Knights Description
Black Knights are large, imposing enemies often found standing guard in key locations. Despite wielding different weapons, they all share the same suit of jet-black armor with horns protruding from the helmet. When provoked, Black Knights are surprisingly agile and can easily catch a player off-guard with a flurry of high damaging attacks. Black Knights were the elite knights of Gwyn, the first Lord of Cinder. However, they were burnt to ashes, leaving only their ghosts to wander the land.
Black Knights Location
Black Knights can be found in the following locations:
- Smouldering Lake - 1 wielding Ul. Greatsword, 1 wielding Greataxe
- Farron Keep Perimeter - 1 Wielding Ul. Greatsword
- Untended Graves - 2 wielding Ul. Greatsword, 2 wielding Greataxe
Black Knights Combat Information
- Health: 672 at Road of Sacrifices, 1200 at Untended Graves.
- There are two variations of the Black Knights, each one carries either Greataxe or Ultra Greatsword. Unlike in Dark Souls, there is no Glaive/Greatsword variation, but in fixed locations, these weapons can be found.
- One-handed attacks can be parried, two-handed can't.
- Only Black Knights of Smouldering Lake will attack every enemy, Dark Spirits and even their own kind in the area
- Are able to launch the player into the air or flatten him.
- Black knights have very high poise.
- Attacks deals Standard Damage or Strike Damage.
- Weak to Dark Damage, Poison/Toxic and Frostbite.
- Resistant to Lightning Damage, Standard Damage, Slash Damage, Thrust Damage and Bleed.
- Can't be Lured.
- Can't be Rapported.
Black Knights Drops
- Souls: 900 (Road of Sacrifices), 1600 (Smouldering Lake), 2000 (Untended Graves)
- Ember (rare)
- Black Knight Set (very rare)
- Black Knight Shield (very rare)
- Depending on the variation :
Black Knights Gallery
Black Knights Trivia & Notes
- In differ to Dark Souls I, all Black Knights respawn.
- Black Knight at the Farron Keep Perimeter will chase player till boss fight arena, so he can "lured" to fight other enemies.
- Untended Graves is an excellent farming location, provided you can defeat the Champion Gundyr, as 4 consecutive Black Knights can be defeated one by one with very little walking distance.
- Outside of Champion Gundyr, the first 2 knights can be killed from the safety of the arena you killed Gundyr. Just tag the first knight, just up the right path, with a bow, and attack him while he is stuck in the door. Run up just past where he was to trigger the second knight's patrol, run back to the arena entrance, then use a bow to aggro the knight as he walks down the left path.