Blades of the Darkmoon is a Covenant in Dark Souls 3.
A silver pendant depicting the Darkmoon and a sword, the crest of the Darkmoon Knights, the original Blue Sentinels. Equip to pledge oneself to the Blade of the Darkmoon covenant.
When a member of the Way of Blue faces a dark spirit, the Blades of the Darkmoon, by an ancient accord, help to root out the invader. Summoning takes place automatically when equipped."
Blades of the Darkmoon Information
- You must obtain the item "Blades of the Darkmoon" and equip it.
- It is located in Anor Londo, at a tower accessed by walking over an invisible path from the rotating platform. The rotating stairs can be in any position. If it is at the top (allowing access to Anor Londo) go to the bottom of the stairs. If it's at the bottom, go to the top. There's a bonfire on a tower directly to the left of you, (if you're facing the Anor Londo bonfire,) and a broken platform on the rotating platform facing towards it. Just walk through the air straight ahead off of the broken platform. Do not deviate from the path until you are perpendicular to the bonfire, then turn to your right, and you will land safely next to the bonfire. (There are invisible walls around the walkway so you cannot actually fall down at the wrong place.) (Video Location)
- You must have learned the "Darkmoon Loyalty" Gesture from Sirris of the Sunless Realms.
- Alternatively, Company Captain Yorshka can be killed to retrieve the covenant item required to join. You will not, however, be able to turn-in covenant items for rewards until the next NG.
- When a Darkmoon/Blue Sentinel spawns, a floating red eye will appear locating an invader or Blue spirit, depending on whether the player is an invader or Blue spirit. This floating red eye that locates invaders was previously a miracle in Dark Souls II, called Unveil. For every invader in any given world, there will be one floating red eye that appears.
Effects of the Covenant
- The covenant is identical in function to the Blue Sentinels, with an additional rivalry with the Aldrich Faithful.
- While searching for worlds to defend, the covenant icon next to your status bars will fade in and out with a white color.
- You do NOT get an ear from killing Aldrich Faithfuls or Watchdogs of Farron.
- Blades of the Darkmoon are only summoned in response to players who invaded by using a Red Eye Orb. Hostile players who were summoned through red or white signs, or who invaded using the Aldrich Faithful or Watchdog of Farron covenant items, do not cause Darkmoons to be summoned.
- The Darkmoon phantom color is dark blue.
- If the Host of Embers enters a boss room, the Blade of the Darkmoon will be rewarded with a Proof of a Concord Kept and be returned to their world. It seems to not work on optional or mid-bosses.
- If the invader returns home, is killed by a monster or dies by fall damage, the Blade of the Darkmoon will NOT be rewarded a Proof of a Concord Kept. However, they will still get the same victory message.
- If the invader dies, or returns home, before the Blade of the Darkmoon spawns into the world, they will NOT be rewarded a Proof of a Concord Kept. However, they will still get the same victory message.
- It is possible to be summoned to Archdragon Peak if the host is fighting one of the NPC summons' of the lizard-men there.
- If the host summons any reds/purples through the use of red soapstones (instead of white), then the Blades cannot be summoned.
- Note that summoning will prioritize the area that you are in, but will summon you anywhere after an indeterminate amount of time has passed.
- If you start an NG+ game you CAN be summoned to maps (& bonfires) you didn't unlock/reach yet on your second playthrough (tested on NG+).
- The Matchmaking Formula is Covenant Dependent:
Ranks are obtained by offering obtained Proof of a Concord Kept items to Company Captain Yorshka. These can be acquired by being summoned with the Covenant item equipped and defeating players (one given for each invader banished (two for killing a red Aldrich Faithful), so to stay in the host's world and farm you may wish to keep one invader alive) OR by defeating Silver Knights, as they have a small chance to drop them (approx 1 in 30). See Proof of a Concord Kept for farming information. The rank requirements are additive, meaning you only have to earn a total of 30, not 10 and then another 30, to obtain all covenant rewards.
- Blades of The Darkmoon first appeared in Dark Souls 1, when they were led by Dark Sun Gwyndolin.
- Due to the length of the name, it gets cut short when appearing the player's status screen, appearing as "Blade of the" instead of "Blade of the Darkmoon".
Covenant: Blade of the Darkmoon
Discover Blade of the Darkmoon covenant.