Chaos Gem is an Upgrade Material in Dark Souls 3.
- Used in infusion to create chaos weapons
- Chaos weapons inflict fire damage, and scale with Intelligence and Faith.
- Also adds Faith scaling to innate lightning damage in weapons (Dragonslayer's Axe, Drakeblood Greatsword and Lothric Knight Greatsword) and Intelligence scaling to the Drakeblood Greatsword's innate magic damage.
- On a corpse at the far end of the Smouldering Lake, near the left group of big crabs.
- Crystal lizard at the start of Demon Ruins, down the hole in Smouldering Lake. Drop down and go left around a corner. (Video)
- Low chance drop from a Smoldering Ghru
- Crystal lizard in the Grand Archives. From the bonfire follow the path forward until a dark room with 2 lizards that run up the movable stairs. It is the closest lizard to you, on the left.
- Requires the Giant's Coal in order to start infusing weapons.
- Weapon is no longer able to be buffed with resin or spells after infusion. (However, weapon can still be buffed with Warcry Skill.)
- The scaling on weapons differs depending on the weapon infused. (A corvian greatknife gets E scaling at +0 for both, while a Notched whip gets D scaling)
- It offers the exact same damage as the Dark Gem, the only difference being the damage type. This being the general rule with some exceptions like player vs player or the Murky Hand Scythe.
- Trivia goes here