Chaos Blade is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
A cursed sword of unknown origin bearing uncanny streaks on its blade.
Attacks also damage its wielder.
The sword is not unlike a thing misshappen, granted life, but never welcome in this world. In other words, chaos itself.
Assume a holding stance to rapidly execute a lunging slash with normal attack, or a deflecting parry with strong attack.
Notes and Tips
- Cannot be Infused or Buffed.
- Upgrades with Twinkling Titanite.
- Damages the wielder with each strike (≈1% of HP), but inflicts more bleeding than other Katanas and has potentially the highest damage.
- At maximum refinement the Chaos Blade has S scaling in Dex and high base damage making it potentially the highest damaging katana in the game for Dex builds.
- The HP loss can be countered with varying efficiency by the Sun Princess Ring, Ring of the Evil Eye, Pontiff's Left Eye and spells like Replenishment, Bountiful Light and Bountiful Sunlight.
- Ripostes & Backstabs won't trigger the damage per strike. Useful to keep the Lloyd's Sword Ring buff.
- At 79 LCK the Chaos Blade +5 has 51 Bleed.
- Used by the Sword Master instead of the Uchigatana when the Sword Master is summoned at Untended Graves.
Location/Where to Find
- It is located at the top of the path to the left of the dark Firelink Shrine ahead of the Champion Gundyr/Untended Graves bonfire (it parallels the place where you fought the Sword Master with the Uchigatana in Cemetery of Ash).
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Chaos Blade Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)