Coiled Sword is a Tool in Dark Souls 3.
- The only function the Coiled Sword serves is to ignite the bonfire located at the Firelink Shrine.
- The sword is found, having been pierced through the body of Iudex Gundyr at the start of the game.
- It can't be used as a weapon of any kind and only serves to activate the bonfire in the game's main hub.
- The Final Boss uses a coiled sword as a primary weapon, having the name of "Firelink Greatsword". The difference being he can change the weapons shape at will for different uses and effects.
- The Japanese reads: [Spiral/Helix Sword]
[A sword lost from the bonfire of the ritual site.
Cannot be used as a weapon.]
[By stabbing into the bonfire of the ritual site
it will regain/take back its power, and enable transfer between bonfires.]
[This sword was given only to selected ash.
The judge/referee/Iudex became a scabbard and continued to await ash.]