Crystal Magic Weapon is a Sorcery in Dark Souls 3. To cast a Sorcery you must use a Staff or Special Weapons that can cast Sorceries.
Crystal Magic Weapon
Further sharpens Magic Weapon via crystallization. Reinforces right weapon with crystal.
After much experimentation, Logan found the crystal medium facilitated a stronger bond between weapon and soul.
- Adds (Spell Buff * 0.95) in Magic attack power for 1 minute.
- Damage is applied each time the enemy is hit with the weapon, regardless of the damage of the attack performed.
- When compared to Darkmoon Blade on the respective highest scaling catalysts (Yorshka's Chime/Saint's Talisman vs Court Sorceror Staff), at 60 of their respective stat (Int or Faith), Darkmoon Blade buff wins out in magic damage increase, even though they have the same Spell Buff multiplier.
- This happens because Faith catalysts have a (slightly) higher Spell Buff on 60 Faith, than staves do at 60 Int.
- However, this spell costs 5 FP less. Meaning, it can be cast 3 times with 18 Attunement, and 4 with 24 Attunement, something Lighting Blade and Darkmoon Blade buffs awkwardly struggle with.
- Crystal Magic weapon is also much, much easier to obtain (if a bit late, until Grand Archives) than Darkmoon Blade (which is a covenant reward).
- Magic damage of this buff is boosted by the Magic Clutch Ring and Crown of Dusk.
- Duration of this spell can be increased with the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring.
- A few weapons and weapon arts have hidden multipliers that slightly lower the buff's damage per hit.