Curse is a status effect in Dark Souls 3.
- Effect: Instant death once the status bar fills up.
- No lasting penalty beyond one death, compared to the original dark souls.
- Luck investment provides more curse resistance compared to levelling other attributes.
- Basilisks in Farron Keep, Irithyll Dungeon and Demon Ruins.
- Deep Accursed in Cathedral of the Deep and Anor Londo inflicts curse.
- Deacons of the Deep will summon priests who slowly fills the room with curse clouds.
- Oceiros, the Consumed King has a crystal dragon breath attack that inflicts curse status.
- Cursed books (i.e. Clawed Curse) in Grand Archives. In this area the curse status can also be mitigated by dipping your head in one of the available wax basins.
- Pus of Man in Lothric Castle has a curse inducing spit.
- Cursebite Ring
- Fleshbite Ring
- Deep Protection
- Profuse Sweat
- Armors with high Curse resistance
- The Ring of Sacrifice has no effect if the player dies from exposure to Curse. The ring won't even break when equipped, but a bloodstain will be at the location of death like with any other normal death.
- Despite what its description may seem to suggest, Purging Stones do not remove the curse status buildup. They only remove Hollowing buildup.