This shield, as hard as a great boulder, is formed by the head of the descendant of an Archdragon.
The Ringed Knights, by command of the gods, stood amongst the ranks who set out to slay the dragons, but their contributions were never lauded.
Skill: Dragon Roar
Even the descendant of an Archdragon perishes not, and use of this skill restores its former strength, sending surrounding foes flying with a dragon roar.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused.
- Reinforced with Titanite Scale
- Provides an average block of exactly 66%.
- The weapon art has about the same range as a Shield Bash, and can stagger a target upon a successful hit, which gives you a free R1 hit.
- The shield's stability isn't as good as most other Greatshields, especially for the weight and stat requirement, but the weapon art compensates for that.
- With 14 ATT alongside 15 FTH, you can use spells like Replenishment, Caressing Tears, Magic Barrier, or Tears of Denial to add some utility to your kit (and some extra FP for more of this shield's weapon art).
- Though not mentioned in the in-game description, the weapon art provides an effect similar to perserverance
- Can be buffed with Magic Shield and Great Magic Shield
Location/Where to Find
- The Ringed City: From the Ringed City Streets bonfire, head through the shortcut until you get to the bridge with the dragon in the distance. This shield is under the bridge.
Youtube Moveset and Location Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Dragonhead Greatshield Upgrade Table
|Attack Values Bonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)||Stability|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)