FP stands for Focus Points and is used to cast magic and perform Skills in Dark Souls 3. It is the blue bar and stat on the player character's HUD and stat screen respectively. FP is not self regenerating so, in order to refill some of the FP bar, the player must consume an Ashen Estus Flask. FP can only be increased by investing points into Attunement via Fire Keeper.
Items That Regenerate FP
- Ashen Estus Flask
- Hidden Blessing
- Aldrich's Sapphire
- Simple Gem infusion on weapons
- Executioner's Greatsword
- Handmaid's Dagger
Items That Reduce FP Consumption
- Dusk Crown Ring: Reduces consumption of FP but also lowers HP.
- Farron Ring: Reduces Skill FP consumption.
- The maximum amount of Focus Points is 450 at 99 Attunement.
- The soft cap for FP is at 35 Attunement.
- Patched with regulation 1.08: You can still perform Weapon Arts, even though you have very little FP left. Does not apply to magic
- Patched with regulation 1.08: Weapon Arts can still be performed with no FP, albeit significantly weaker
- FP is commonly refered to as Fancy Points by the community or "Fig Pops"