Faith is a character attribute in Dark Souls 3. This attribute is required to cast miracles and pyromancies and also boosts Dark Defense.
" Attribute required to cast miracles and pyromancies. Increases spell potency.
- For Faith scaling weapons, damage has a soft cap at 40 Faith, a hard cap at 60, and it stops at 99 Faith.
- Standard Miracle effectiveness is governed by Faith.
- Effectiveness of Dark miracles cast with dark catalysts is governed by Faith and Intelligence (Faith is more effective).
- Pyromancy effectiveness is governed by Faith and Intelligence.
- With asymmetrical stats (i.e. 20 INT 40 FTH), Faith provides slightly more damage than intelligence. Otherwise, it is more effective to level both together.
- Soft caps:
- Miracle: 40-45-60 depending on catalyst.
- Pyromancy: 40 (if using pyromancy flame). They always use intelligence too.
- Dark spells: When coupled with a dark catalyst, Intelligence is counted too, and the softcap is 45.
- For each point of Faith you receive 1.1 Dark Defense, 0.4 in other defenses, and 0.2 in all resistances.
- A character requires 45 Faith to cast every Miracle in the game.
|9||Dancer's Enchanted Swords, Gargoyle Flame Hammer, Gargoyle Flame Spear, Demon Fist
|10||Firelink Greatsword, Old King's Greathammer, Izalith Staff, Talisman, Priest's Chime|
|11||Murky Hand Scythe, Friede's Great Scythe|
|12||Cleric's Candlestick, Astora Straightsword, Demon's Greataxe, Immolation Tinder, Pontiff Knight Great Scythe, Witch's Locks, Dragonhead Shield, Archdeacon's Great Staff, Caitha's Chime
|13||Wolnir's Holy Sword, Yorska's Spear, Pyromancer's Parting Flame|
|14||Lothric's Holy Sword, Golden Ritual Spear, Crucifix of the Mad King, Sunlight Talisman, Canvas Talisman, Cleric's Sacred Chime
|15||Onyx Blade, Earth Seeker, Dragonhead Greatshield|
|16||Scholar's Candlestick, Sunlight Straight Sword, Saint Bident, Saint's Talisman|
|17||Demon's Scar, Rose of Ariendel|
|20||White Hair Talisman|
|30||Morne's Great Hammer, Yorshka's Chime|