|Fire, Strike, Magic, Lightning|
|Resistances||Standard, Slash, Thrust|
Giant Crab is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3.
Giant Crab Enemy Description
- A giant crab that mainly inhabits the swamp areas of Road of Sacrifices and Farron Keep
- Not to be confused with the Smouldering Giant Crab of the Smouldering Lake, nor the Icy Giant Crab of the Painted World of Ariandel
Giant Crab Combat Information
- Uses its large pincer to attack the player. Deals Standard Damage.
- It can foam at the mouth and spray it at the player to do damage, as well as decrease movement speed. The ones in the Painted World of Ariandel spray frost instead, which can inflict Frostbite.
- Weak point: When both claws are lifted into the air, the greenish egg sac area under the crab's mouth can be riposted for massive damage.
- Weak to Fire Damage, Strike Damage, Magic Damage and Lightning Damage. Crabs met in Farron Keep and Smouldering Lake are additionaly weak to Frostbite.
- Resistant to Standard Damage, Slash Damage and Thrust Damage.
- Immune to Bleed, duo met in Painted World of Ariandel are immune to Frostbite, the Farron Swamp is Poison/Toxic immune.
- Can be fooled with Alluring Skull, but is immune to Rapport.
- Its poise can be broken, stunning it for about 2 seconds. A finisher move can be performed by standing at its back after its poise is broken. You may also perforn this while infront of it, near the greenish egg sacks.
Giant Crab Notes & Trivia
- Can still be blocked with relative ease, but beware its grab attack.
- Its right claw will draw back slowly while its mouth foams, then attempt to grab you for major damage if it connects. It can not be blocked.
- Its left claw is actually faster and is better at comboing whereas its right claw does not drain more stamina and is easier to roll under.
- If at low health and if the player is a sufficient distance away from it, it will attempt to burrow below ground and escape. It will re-emerge with full health and be cured of status ailments if this occurs. So it can not be killed by attacking only with ranged abilities.
- Quickstep can be used in deep water, allowing for easy dodging of its attacks.
- Can not be lured out of water. Once you step foot out of the swampy area, the crab will cease to follow you.
- Smashing smaller crabs can aggro them
- When it runs, it turns sideways and moves very fast.
- Although the crab will not target invaders inadvertantly, all of the Great Crab's attacks can harm all phantoms. This includes Watchdogs of Farron.
- One of the Great Crabs in Smouldering Lake, the one who walks back and forth near the breakable floor, is not hostile towards the player until provoked.
- The armless child protected by a powerful father relation between Great Crab and Lesser Crab can be a reference to Mushroom People in Dark Souls 1.
- Greater Crabs located in Painted World of Ariandel are the only creature that will respawn without refreshing whole area.
- Can be parried, it has to be on point though.
Giant Crab Drops
- Titanite Shard
- Large Titanite Shard (rarely)
- Lingering Dragoncrest Ring (near the white birch near Farron Keep Ruins. The Giant archer can kill the crabs for you if you have befriended him back in Undead Settlement)
- Crystal Gem (by one of the crabs in the Painted World of Ariandel). Gem will be added to player's inventory after beating second Crab - this way can be obtained only once per NG. Later can be farmed.
Giant Crab Locations