Great Swamp Cuculus
Great Swamp Cuculus is a summonable NPC in Dark Souls 3.
"Great Swamp Cuculus is a summon for the 'Old Demon King' Bossfight"
- Can be killed by enemies.
- If Cuculus survives the fight with Old Demon King, the Spotted Whip and Cornyx's Set appears in the Undead Settlement where Cornyx was previously located.
- You can find Great Swamp Cuculus' summon sign at Smouldering Lake, just before the Old Demon King boss gate.
- Cuculus can be summoned to help for the Demon Ruins if the player does not enter the boss room.
- Attacks with a whip and with Pyromancies.
- She will cast Poison Mist, Flash Sweat and Great Chaos Fire Orb (needs confirmation).
- Strong against fire damage.
- It is thought that Cuculus is Corynx's pyromancy master or apprentice, which would explain why after summoning Cuculus a body appears at Corynx's cage where he is found in the undead settlement.
- This is reinforced by the fact that they are both Pyromancers of the Great Swamp, which makes a mentor connection even more possible.
- Cuculus is a latin name for cuckoos, a type of bird that lays their eggs in other birds nests to raise their young.