HP or Hit Points in Dark Souls 3 is the amount of damage a player or enemy can take before being defeated. It is represented by a red bar on the top left of the HUD, and can be replenished via using consumables such as the Estus Flask or Divine Blessing. Some spells and equipment also have regenerative properties.
- See Vigor for details on all HP values.
- Vigor has a
soft cap at 26.
- Minimum HP is 323 with the Sorcerer (9 Vigor) equipped with Dusk Crown Ring
- Maximum HP is 2122 with 99 Vigor, Life Ring +3, Ring of Favor +3 and Ember (2082HP in the base game with the +2 ring versions)
Items that Increase max HP
- Life Ring (starter item)
- Ring of Favor
- Prisoner's Chain (raises vigor, which affects HP)
- Ember (if you are unembered)
Items that Decrease max HP
- Dusk Crown Ring
- Jailers in Irithyll Dungeon has a Lantern and a Branding Iron that will temporarily decrease max HP, down to 1 if you are exposed long enough.
Items that Replenishes HP
- Estus Flask
- Divine Blessing - MaxHP/hp
- Siegbrau - 310HP
- Estus Soup
- Sun Princess Ring - 2HP/s
- Ring of the Evil Eye - 30HP/defeated foe
- Pontiff's Left Eye - 30HP/successive attack
- Old Wolf Curved Sword- 120HP/successive attack
- Aldrich's Ruby - 85HP/crit
- Heal and Regeneration Miracles
- Blessed Weapon Miracle
- Lifehunt Scythe Miracle
- Warmth Pyromancy
- Gentle Prayer Skill
- Blessed Gem infused weapons
- Anri's Straight Sword - 2HP/tick
- Ancient Dragon Greatshield - 2HP/s
- Smough's Great Hammer - 2HP/hit
- Butcher Knife - HP/hit (Variable)
- Ethereal Oak Shield - 2HP/tick
- Arstor's Spear - 30HP/defeated foe
Items that Drains HP
- Power Within - -30%/maxhp
- Chaos Blade - -15HP/strike
- Symbol of Avarice - -10HP/s
- Bloodlust katana
- It is possible to skip the healing tick timer of Anri's Straight Sword by re-equipping the sword repeatedly.
Attunement ♦ Bleed ♦ Curse ♦ Dark Defense ♦ Dexterity ♦ Endurance ♦ Equipment Load ♦ Faith ♦ Fire Defense ♦ FP ♦ Frostbite ♦ Intelligence ♦ Item Discovery ♦ Lightning Defense ♦ Luck ♦ Magic Defense ♦ Physical Defense ♦ Poise ♦ Poison ♦ Strength ♦ Vigor ♦ Vitality
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Max hp is 2122 Least hp is 323.
For those of you who wish to make a Healer/Support build, I shall provide my research below and on several other articles involving this subject):
[~ = ally phantoms gain effects also]
- Heal Aid (27 FP)- 150%*spell buff (.150*spell buff number on talisman/chime)
- Projected Heal (55 FP)- 170%*spell buff~
- Heal (45 FP)- 300%*spell buff~
- Med Heal (55 FP)- 410%*spell buff~
- Great Heal (65 FP)- 550%*spell buff~
- Soothing Sunlight (80 FP)- 700%*spell buff~
- Replenishment (30 FP): gradual- (60s) 5HP/s = 295HP
- Bountiful Light (45 FP): gradual- (60s) 7HP/s = 420HP (nice)
- Bountiful Sunlight (70 FP): gradual- (60s) 10HP/s = 600HP (equal to 1 Estus Flask+10)~
- Blessed Weapon (35 FP): gradual- (45s) 1-5HP/s = 45-225HP (depends on weapon upgrade level)
- Caressing Tears (14 FP): only status~
- cures Frostbite, Bleed (including maggots), Poison, and Toxic
- Lifehunt Scythe (25 FP left-handed; 20 FP right-handed/two-handing)- 137 HP
- Gentle Prayer (13 FP): skill- (60s) 6HP/s = 360HP
- comes with: Priest's, Cleric's Sacred, Caitha's, Crystal, Yorshka's Chime and Saint-tree Bellvine
- Pray for Favor (18 FP): skill- (60s) 4HP/s = 240HP
- comes with: Sacred Chime of Filianore
- Warmth (50 FP): Pyromancy- (60s) 35HP/s = 2500HP~
- requires 30 Vertebrae Shackles offered in Mound Makers covenant
- Sun Princess Ring- 2HP/s
- Ring of the Evil Eye- 30HP/kill
- +1 = 33Hp/kill
- +2 = 35HP/kill
- +3 = 37HP/kill
- Pontiff's Left Eye- 30 HP/successive attack
- note: it is possible to replenish all HP with a glitch this ring has- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=840NUquYfXc
- Aldritch's Ruby- 85HP/critical hit
- Estus Ring- +20% of current Estus Flask level
- Anri's Straight Sword- 2HP/s
- Smough's Great Hammer- 2HP/hit
- Butcher Knife- 10HP/light attack; 19HP/heavy attack
- Astor's Spear- 30HP/kill
- Old Wolf Curved Sword- 120HP/successive attack
- stacks with Pontiff's Left Eye
- Eleonora (skill-buffed)- (25s) 15HP/hit
- Dark Hand- 288HP/lifedrain
- Blessed-infused weapons- 3HP/tick; +0= tick/4s, +10= tick/1.5s
- Ancient Dragon Greatshield- 2HP/s
- Ethereal Oak Shield- 2HP/s
You need to add the old wolf's curved sword
Vig does not have a softcap of 27, 27 just gives you a nice even 1000 hp. 27 actually has the biggest _decrease_ in amount of hp given: 25 -> 26 gives you 30 hp, 26 -> 27 gives you only 23. After 27 vigor the hp dropoff per level flattens out considerably. 28 and 29 both give you 19 hp, 30, 31, and 32 all give you 18 hp. The rate of dropoff increases steadily up to 99. The actual softcap is 17 vig. From 0-16 every level gives you more hp. 16->17 give the same as 15->16, and everything after 17 gives you less. The most efficient vig levels, ie the ones right before the dropoff in hp/lvl increases, are: 17, 26, 32, 36, 44, 46, & 48. Ultimately though, you should forget about softcaps and get as much hp as you need. 27 is good for the early game, 35 for the mid game, and 40 should carry you through several ng cycles. If you want 44, 46, or even 50, those can all be worth it. Especially with an ember, or any rings that boost hp by a percentage.
The Dark Hand heals a base of 288 HP per lifedrain. This is uneffected by how much HP your opponent has, and is likely effected by what level your opponent is (i.e. Invaders/Phantoms).
Sacred Chime of Filianore is missing in the list of Items that Replenishes HP
Survivability for me is about 15 vigor (mostly offline play) embered leaves 730 odd HP which is reasonable. Then you can just go from there putting into your build stats
I found my comfort spot lies at 1200 health. Hbu guys?
I just met a full Havel, I did around 2000 DMG to him and that reduced him to about half his HP. Is this possible or is he cheating? (No healing factors were involved)
05 Jul 2018 12:19
i am worried about something, i leveled up my vigor to probably 17 and my health bar expanded(which were good news) but after i died maybe 2 times the health bar shrink pretty small , like when you start a new game, so. anyone knows what should i do to expand it again? and if so, how? and does this mean i wasted my souls leveling up the vigor? i would be so thankful if you could help me
Eleonora will heal 15 hp/hit when buffed.
Guys, you forgot the real game changer.
Smough's hammer heals 2 hp per hit.
Ethereal Oak Shield, +2 HP per second
Max HP possible as of now w/ 99 Vigor, Life Ring +3, and Ring of Favor +3, is 2122.
They also forgot about Arstor's spear
They forgot about the Butcher Knife.
Max hp ive managed to get with life ring plus 2, favor plus 2 is 2048HPWith prisoners chain it may go up a few points but the trade off isn't worth it if you are tryin to be tank. With 2048 HP you can get more out of armor and rings of steel protection. Tearstones and morion blade work well with 2048. Downside is that your damage will be significantly weaker and it's debateable whether the 49 extra point investment into life to reach 99, is worth it. Up to you.
I swear I've had the same HP since i started the game.. I'm at the part where i fight the abyss watchers. i figured out going back to the fire shrine and talking to the lady and increasing your strength will raise HP but is that the only way? i feel like everyone has a fat bar of HP and here i am with super low HP?
Take the Knight, dump all points into vigor and upgrade the long sword to max using raw, then you are good to go.