|Enemy Type||Animated Statue|
|Weakness||Dark, Magic, Strike|
|Resistances||Fire, Lightning, Slash|
|Immune||Bleed, Frost, Poison, Toxic|
Headless Gargoyle is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3.
Headless Gargoyle Description
- Protect the entrance to the Profaned Capital and the roof of the Grand Archives.
- There are two variants, both of which deal fire damage:
- One wields a spear that resembles a lantern.
- One wields a hammer that resembles a torch.
- Despite being made of stone they have several aerial attacks.
Headless Gargoyle Combat Information
- They can use each of their wings as a Shield to block attacks and can perform a shield bash if the player's guard is up. This can make it very difficult to hit their sides, but they can still be kicked and have their guard-broken.
- Depending on their weapon:
- Ones with hammers cause 5 fireballs to splash out from the location of impact with each attack.
- Ones with spears will be airborne when executing most of their attacks.
- Attacks that first touch their wings deal about 40% less damage.
- Attacks that strike the base of their tail inflict more damage.
- They appear to be fairly vulnerable to Strike damage and resistant to Slash damage.
- Weak to Strike, Magic and Dark.
- Resistant to Slash, Fire and Lightning.
- Immune to Bleed, Frost, Poison and Toxic.
- They can fall to their deaths.
- Can be lured?
- Can be Rapported?
Notes & Trivia
- Drops 2500 Souls on Journey 1
- Drops ?? Souls on Journey 2
- Drops 8250 Souls on Journey 3
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
ken i pery??
There are two variants, both of which deal fire damage:
One wields a spear that resembles a lantern.
One wields a hammer that resembles a torch.
"Look we talked about this, if you want to use spear, use a SPEAR. If you want to use hammer, use a HAMMER"
"That's why you keep coming here for therapy."
"NO but. Spear or hammer, not lantern or torch."
Gargoyle spear can be obtained in Profaned Capital.
I’m not sure if they are weak to magic. I got one stuck in a doorway, so I was able to shoot him in the same place from the same distance. I consistently did 78 per wooden arrow, but only 72 per moonlight arrow.
The ones with skull-like faces can be stunned by hitting their faces, opening them up to a critical attack; the faceless ones can't be stunned like this. All variations can be critical attacked if you stagger them by breaking their guard when their wing-shield is up; this requires one or two hits from a 2-handed greathammer, 1 to 3 hits from a Dark spell like Deep Soul or Affinity (stronger spells like Affinity need much less hits to stagger), or 3 kicks. However, this is pretty hard to do, since attacking their wing-shield usually prompts them to bash you with their wing.
It isn't solid stone if you look closely the gargoyles have joints.
Doesn't seem to actually be immune to bleed, or even significantly resistant. Weird for solid stone.
I think they are immune to poison, when I used poison mist on a gargoyle stuck on the boss door it wouldnt become poisoned.
If you put some info here, do not *****ing question it with QUESTION MARK. We should get information from here but not questions to answer for you. Confirm the info or just leave it entirely. One example: Ascended Winged Knights in Lothric Castle "Can be lured?". No, they cant and same goes with normal Winged Knights. They can, however be distracted at most with Aural Decoy. I went and find out myself because you want me to get confirmation for you. "Dark Souls III Wiki Fextralife is a strong, independent wiki which needs no confirmations". The words of Limit Breakers describe perfectly this site.
SMH SOMEBODY NEEDS TO SERIOUSLY UPDATE THIS SITE!!!!!! THEY ARE WEAK TO DARK.
You can actually guard break the gargoyles when they use their wings as shields. Tested it myself.
I had a gargoyle flame hammer drop from one of these.