Hollowslayer Greatsword is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
Greatsword used for a lifetime by a masked knight. Harbors the fears that lurk within the mind of Hollows, and is particularly effective against them.
Bestowed to a proper Mirrah knight long ago. Two-hand to execute special sword techniques.
While in stance, use normal attack to break a foe’s guard from below, and strong attack to slash upwards with a forward lunge.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused or Buffed.
- Reinforced with Titanite Scale.
- Deals 20% bonus damage against Hollows. This does not affect hollowed players in PVP, but does affect each of the following:
- Reanimated Corpse
- Infested Corpse
- Grave Warden
- Starved Hound
- Hollow Soldier
- Hollow Assassin
- Lothric Knight
- Winged Knight
- Ascended Winged Knight
- Peasant Hollow
- Hollow Manservant
- Caged Hollow
- Lycanthrope Hunter
- Sage's Prentice
- Cathedral Knight
- Deacon of the Deep
- Devout of the Deep
- Irithyllian Slave
- Silver Knight
- Lothric Priest
- Farron Follower
- Millwood Knight (Needs confirmation)
- Angel Pilgrim
- Ringed City Slave
- Hollow Cleric
- Deacons of the Deep (Boss)
- Slave Knight Gael (Phase 2 and 3 only)
- The Hollowslayer Greatsword has a unique R1 moveset compared to most greatswords, which is based off the moveset many greatswords in Dark Souls 2 have. It does not, however, offer much of an advantage in comparison to them.
- The Hollowslayer Greatsword has thrusting R2s when 2h.
- Greatswords are a weapon class that utilizes Hyper Armor on the 2h R1, R2, Rolling R1, Rolling R2, Running R1, and Jumping Attack. Hyper Armor prevents you from being staggered during its active frames.
Note that this information is all measured in 60 frames per second (FPS).
Less FPS means a faster action. If you play on console at 30 FPS, the displayed values will be halved.
It is also important to note that while this is not the frame data for attack speed and recovery, those values are fairly similar to the ones listed.
|Attack Type||Attack Startup||Poise Startup||Poise End||Recovery|
|First R2 (Thrust)||44||24||77||0|
|Rolling R1 (Thrust)||36||12||44||24|
|Weapon Skill R1||46||20||76||16|
|Weapon Skill R2||48||20||79||12|
Softcaps & Scaling:
- 14/18 = 339 AR = Base Stats
- 40/18 = 412 AR = Str Softcap
- 14/40 = 442 AR = Dex Softcap
- 40/40 = 516 AR = Quality Build
- After Softcaps it gets less than 2 AR per level
- 2-handed Quality weapon
- Scales well with both stats
- Gains more from Dex than Strength
- Gains 1 AR per level from 40-60 Dex & from 79-99 Dex
Location/Where to Find:
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
- Hollowslayer Greatsword moveset
- 2 Handed R1 are notably wider slashes than most greatswords, very reminiscent of its Dark Souls 2 Counterpart - they seem to be shared only with the DrakeBlood Greatsword
Hollowslayer Greatsword Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)