Item Discovery is a derived character attribute that measures how likely your character is to receive items from foes. Increasing Item Discovery increases the chance to receive weapons and armor that the enemy is wearing, as well as upgrade materials or tools.
Item Discovery is a multiplier for each enemy’s loot table. Examples:
- An enemy has a base 10% chance to drop an item. With 100 Discovery, the enemy has 10% chance to drop the item (10% × 1.00).
- An enemy has a base 10% chance to drop an item. With 200 Discovery, the enemy has 20% chance to drop the item (10% × 2.00).
- An enemy has a base 10% chance to drop an item. With 400 Discovery, the enemy has 40% chance to drop the item (10% × 4.00).
Increasing Item Discovery
- Leveling up Luck permanently increases Item Discovery, 1 point of Discovery per point of Luck.
- You can temporarily increase Item Discovery by 50 with Rusted Coin or 100 with Rusted Gold Coin.
- Crystal Sage's Rapier increases Item Discovery by 50. It does not need to be held to function, but must be equipped (i.e. you can equip it in left hand, while two-handing your right hand weapon, and it will still provide the discovery bonus).
- Holding a +10 Hollow weapon with more than 15 hollowing give +5 luck, increasing the item discovery (Can be done twice if both weapon and shield have +10)
- Symbol of Avarice increases Item Discovery by 100 (but it also continually drains your health, so care should be taken when using it).
- Covetous Gold Serpent Ring increases Item Discovery by 50 at base, while the +1 and +2 and +3 versions increases by 75 and 100 and 115 respectively.
- You can also equip a Crystal Sage's Rapier in each hand for a total boost of 100 Item Discovery when both are equipped.
- The highest possible Item Discovery is 614, when equipped with two Crystal Sage's Rapiers, the Symbol of Avarice, the Gold Serpent Ring +3, using a Rusted Gold Coin and having 99 Luck.
- Item Discovery is calculated upon an enemy's death. Changing your Item Discovery after you have killed an enemy, but before looting their corpse (assuming they have dropped something), will not change what they have dropped.