|Weakness||Thrust, Lightning, Frost|
Jailers are an Enemy in Dark Souls 3
- Holds a lantern, when lantern emits red light the player's max health slowly decreases while within line of sight. Max health remains lowered for a short time, lasting roughly 20 seconds. Health will not be restored when max health returns to normal.
- Wields a Soldering Iron as a melee weapon.
- You can find Jailers in Irithyll Dungeon
- Souls: NG (700), NG+ (2,100), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+9 (??)
- Weapons: Soldering Iron
- Armor: Jailer Set
- Other: Simple Gem
- Health - 720 (NG)
- Their irons inflict an additional curse that prevents you from drinking estus and increases your equip load.
- Their stabs are quickly followed by a kind of grab that will knock you on the ground and do a lot of damage to you.
- Weak to Lightning Damage, Thrust and Frost.
- Affected by Bleed.
- Jailers are very easy to knock down. You can either use big weapons, charged attacks or strong spells to easily stun them and kill them.
- Resistant to Magic and Dark damage.
- Rolling towards Jailers when they are close baits their thrust attack and positions yourself behind them, giving you the perfect opportunity for a counter attack.
- The lantern's life drain effect slows down once a certain health threshold is reached, and slows down even further as your HP drops closer to 1.
- Rolling with the Carthus Milkring stops the health drain for a duration of invisiblity. Using the spell Hidden Body does not appear to stop it, however.
- Black Firebombs and Great Chaos Fire Orb will knock them down, allowing you to quickly close distance on them, or get away.
- Immune to Rapport.
- Can be lured.
- When not in aggro, the Jailer can be distracted by throwing an object (throwing knife etc.) A good strategy for easy backstabs.
- Jailers in the last part of Dungeon can be ignored and run through at first encounter and then safely killed one by one using bow after resting at Profaned Capital bonfire.
- The Jailer design is based off of the Mind Flayer from Demon's Souls who ring a bell rather than hold a lantern, the Dungeon is also heavily based on The Tower of Latria.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!