Livid Pyromancer Dunnel is a NPC in Dark Souls 3.
- Invades in the colosseum above the Champion's Gravetender bonfire.
- List of items that refer to this NPC: Pyromancer's Parting Flame
- You can find Livid Pyromancer Dunnel at Painted World of Ariandel. Take the illusory wall in the bug crypt out to drop through a path of roots. At the bottom, in the colosseum, he will invade you if you are embered.
- Fextralife Video: How to get to Livid Pyromancer Dunnel
- Video Location
- Souls: NG (5,000), NG+ (??), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+9 (??)
- Other: Floating Chaos
- Wields Chaos Blade (RH) and Pyromancer's Parting Flame (LH)
- Uses a variety of Pyromancies, including the AoE Chaos Storm.
- Weak to Fire Damage.
- The identity of Dunnel's "hideous spouse" mentioned in the lore of his item the Parting Flame is one of the mysteries of the series, and is key to understanding Dunnel's significance, if any. While there is simply not enough information to draw absolute conclusions, there are few potential candidates given the known information.
- It can be concluded from the lore of the spell obtained by killing Dunnel, Floating Chaos, that Dunnel dwelt near the Smouldering Lake, a reasonable conclusion given that Dunnel is a pyromancer and is clad like Cuculus, the pyromancer found at the Smouldering Lake, home of Pyromancy. This however creates several unusual possible suspects for Dunnel's spouse from among the individuals in the series from that area and considered hideous, primarily The Fair Lady, from Dark Souls I, whose corpse can be found in the Demon Ruins, directly overlooking the hallway where the demon clerics and their Floating Chaos orbs that inspired the spell are found, making her the most likely candidate. Quelag, Quelana, and The Bed of Chaos are all also potentially monsterous and found at this location, but their deaths are not confirmed in game in the same manner (and would make Dunnel significantly older).
- Given Pyromancer Dunnel's location, occupying the tower in the same place where Pricilla could originally be found, it is possible that Dunnel was Pricilla's husband.
- One possibility is tied to voice files not implemented in the Painted World of Ariandel DLC found in the game files, of a woman begging for her lost child, who has gone and accusing someone of taking them. These lines are for a voice actor not present in the DLC, meaning they would not be attributed to any existing NPC. The most likely possibility for who was intended to say these lines is the Weeping Tree Woman found at the end of the path for the Depths of The Painting bonfire, which is passive until attacked. She is found weeping over a spell created by Sulyvahn, who was born in the Painted World, implying that she is his mother. The position she is in is partly visible from Dunnel's position at the top of the tower, which lies on the same path in the opposite direction, so that he is overlooking her position. Given too that the tree women have the hair of the centipede women, born of pyromancy, and that they also use pyromancy fire in their attacks, there is some evidence tying her to Dunnel, who therefore would be Sulyvahn's father, and that this would have been the implication until the lines were cut. Unfortunately, the lines WERE cut, making all of this evidence extremely tenuous.
- Interestingly, the pyromancer robe and tome is found at roughly the halfway point between the entrance to the Painted World where Livid Pyromancer Dunnel is found, and the Smouldering Lake, where he is said to have been, possibly indicating that they were orignially his.