Magic Shield is a Sorcery in Dark Souls 3. To cast a sorcery, you must use a Staff or Special Weapons that can cast Sorceries.
Sorcery for casters who wield swords.
Reinforces left shield with magic.
Shields augmented by magic have higher stability and damage absorption.
Even the smallest of shields can be toughened considerably with the use of this spell.
- Bought from Yoel of Londor/Yuria of Londor for 4,500 souls or Orbeck of Vinheim for 3,000 souls.
- Adds 18 Stability to shields.
- Increases damage absorption of Shields.
- Damage received is reduced by 30% after shield absorption.
- For example, a shield with 70% damage reduction allows you to receive 30% of incoming damage.
While this spell is active, incoming damage is reduced from 30% to 20%.
- Lasts 60 seconds, and is affected by Lingering Dragoncrest Ring.
- With Lingering Dragoncrest Ring, duration increases to 78 seconds.
- Lingering Dragoncrest Ring +1 = 81 seconds
- Lingering Dragoncrest Ring +2 = 84 seconds
- Magic Shield and Great Magic Shield CAN buff Simple and Blessed Infused shields.
- Due to its low requirement and long duration, this spell can be useful on non-mage builds, particularly on parrying shields that normally have very low stability.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
can i use this on blood infused shields?
Can anyone confirm if this gets the same benefits if used with a staff you lack the requirements for? If so, this is the perfect non-mage buff spell
I wish it worked on dark hand.
fought someone who puts this on a havels 2 handed and held block the entire time without attacking, does this completely negate bleed? i tried to get them with my warden twinswords and it didnt work until i switched to shield splitter
How or where do you check the stats on the shield after you put on this Magic Shield Sorcery in it?
This spell cannot be cast with a Hysel Pick
I feel like the shield buffs should be miracles since they're so paladin-y. Maybe it's just because I played Diablo II.
I just took a look at an AR calculator, and apparently GMS is a roided version of Magic Shield squared. It sucks how the only choices we get are between baby's 1st shield buff that last good amount of time, and the best goddamn shield buff that barely last long enough even with spell duration viagra.
This spell on moaning shield grants max stability and a great reduction (i d say +95%) to all elemental damage. Come at me, gael
It adds 20% Stability to shields. Not a numerical value. Also GMS Numerical adds 50% Stability to shields. If stability is more than 100, it still do the 100's work. (It means 100 stability can block 100% stamina damage.)
I beat Abyss Watchers without knowing all these NPCs would just up and bail on the entire game without me holding their hands. Does that mean I get to stop playing this game because the 40ish hours I've put in are for nothing since I can't use the build I want?
you mean 33% reduction? since 20/30 is 33, not 30
Great buff. It's worth adding 1 int to the knight base stats for some harder PvE battles. I hate how weak shields are in DS3.
This is great to combo with a maxed Moaning Shield
Maybe use with twin dragon greatshield?
Last 70 seconds with normal version.Last 80 seconds with +1 version.
It seems to add 18-19 stability. Was tested with greatshield of glory
I tested it with several sheilds and it seems to add ~20 stability
You know "appears to be the same as DS1/DS2 version" isn't too helpful. Not at all to be precise, more precise than you were at least.What if, just let's imagine the possibility of it, someone started with DS3?!
it should be noted that magic shield now lasts for 60 seconds which is much better than the original 15 seconds in dark souls 1.
my favourite part, "Appears to be the same as the Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 1 version.". Such a helpful note, basically says look somewhere else for info.
What are the up stats?